Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need a present idea for someone im going to 4 sukkos?

happymother4

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:47 pm
hi all
anyone have a good idea of something I can buy someone I'm going to for sukkos? really want it to be something nice (it could be expensive) shes quite particular so really want her to like it? maybe something special for the sukkah? or maybe something amazing for kids (she has 5 ranging from 2 - 12) any ideas please???
thanks! Smile

Lovelymom1

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 12:27 am
How about a nice arrangement of flowers in a beautiful case that she could enjoy afterwards too? Or maybe something personal like a perfume. One guest once got me a gift card for pottery barn. It came in the mail with z nice thank you card.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 12:45 am
Try ivyfloral.com for beautiful sukkah flower arrangements.

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:17 am
I try to get my parents something every yt. One year a monogram set towels, another year table cloths once machzorim don't remember what else but those were the most appreciated. You can also get something like magnatiles or another great kid entertainment toy

happymother4

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:31 am
thanks everyone!!! the flower idea would be hard since she lives in Montreal - Would be hard to find a good place that can deliver... I think she has mongrammed towels and tons of tablecloths and I know she has magna tiles for her kids already...
anything else???? I live in Flatbush btw... (in case you know about something I could get close by) thank you!!

happymother4

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 9:47 am
anyone else???

sky

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 9:55 am
I think the sukkah decorations from ivy floral or fake so it should travel well and last from year to year and I also think they ship. But they are expensive.

2gether

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 10:09 am
a tablecloth,
toy or book for kids

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 10:11 am
I asked this same question a little while ago- got some great answers- like a new game for the kids.. a new cookbook, I ended up going to Bed bath bath and beyond and found a beautiful platter. Another idea is to go to a candy store and get a ton of wrapped candy she can put out for sukkah hoppers.

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 10:12 am
oh and another idea was to get one of those beautiful boxes of teas.

happymother4

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 9:25 pm
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the responses and I actually did end up going with the fake flower arangment and it's stunning!!! So thanks a million!!! Can't believe how great this site is!!! Smile

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 10:14 pm
I know OP got something already, but just wanted to add for others, there are beautiful challah covers decorated with the ushpizin.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 1:23 am
I bought the hostesses a platinum gray small clutch from the Coach store.
The bag could be used as a clutch or a make up bag.
I saw it and knew it was the ideal gift.

The coach store did a beautiful job gift wrapping and bagging it.

The hostesses all loved and appreciated the gift- after all that cooking I felt they needed a more personal gift than a flower delivery or candy tray or bottle of wine.

I know I always love a more personal gift so that's what I buy as hostess gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics