Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Yom tov Mags

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:33 pm
I look forward to this post every yom tov - dont see it here, so figured I'd start one Smile

Didnt get my magazines yet, but cant wait to hear what everyone thinks about the mags and the story supplements etc.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:38 pm
I won't be buying all of them so I would like to know which one is the best!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 9:44 pm
Bumping up this thread - now that the 1st days have passed. So, nu...lets hear a blow by blow account of what everyone enjoyed/didnt enjoy in the story supplements

monseychick

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 10:25 pm
Zman is great...

Love the treehouses

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 11:32 pm
Ami was great, I left the story supplement for second days. Calligraphy by mishpacha was okay. Binah I didnt finish yet, hamodia I only skimmed through. The human experience story in ami " my grandson's name is Mohammad was soooo sad.

November

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 12:01 am
pumpernickle wrote:
Ami was great, I left the story supplement for second days. Calligraphy by mishpacha was okay. Binah I didnt finish yet, hamodia I only skimmed through. The human experience story in ami " my grandson's name is Mohammad was soooo sad.

Oish

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 4:28 pm
I haven't got to Binah yet. I found a lot of meaty stuff all around. all around being Hamodia, Yated and Mishpacha. I wish the Succos stories wouldn't tend so much to the existential though. If I was going to buy just one, probably Mishpacha. Though all the magazines aren't exactly 600 pages or whatever they're claiming because of the additional ads.

Writergirl

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 8:30 pm
Barely got to read anything and saving the story supplements for second days. Interestingly enough though I'm not usually a huge fan of Ami I really enjoyed the Ami (main mag) and the Ami Living so far. Binah looked nice - but waiting for the story supplements because that's one of my favorites every year. Will post afterwards.

4everonadiet

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 9:32 pm
I think calligraphy is amazing.

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 9:49 pm
I finally got to read the Binah 'Vistas' (story supplement). I have to say I was disappointed. I just didn't 'get' a lot of the stories. And some were just so typical of their authors.

I really enjoyed the 'Momentum' supplement though.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 12:02 am
Out of curiosity - which would you say were the best in Vistas? I have my opinions - interested in hearing from others...

newme

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:33 am
I couldn't find AMI anywhere - still hoping to get it for last days.
I enjoyed Mishpacha immensely - especially the Family First section (they had a nice supplement about Shabbos 2), and have just begun getting through Binah - but I flipped through and it looks good so I'm looking forward.

Dev80

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 6:30 am
I got binah, nothing really stood out and wowed me (I felt that way about their RH mag as well, didn't finish YK's yet). The stories in vistas kept my interest but nothing that stayed with me as some of their stories do. Kinda wishing I got mishpacha from these positive reviews! Oh well Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room