Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Child's Well Checkup

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 2:34 pm
How close to your child's birthday do you schedule their well checkup?

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 4:26 pm
whenever the dr we want to see has a slot available at a time that I can manage. can be a month later

busydev

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 4:39 pm
I like to go as soon as I can get into our preferred dr. longest I went was a week past his birthday and thats cause of yom tov.

But then again I only have 2 littles that I have had to get appts for so far. that could change in the future (my mother used to take half the kids in April (3 march and 1 feb bdays) and half in October (a june, a july and 2 october bdays)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 5:05 pm
OP here: my daughter's 5th birthday is tomorrow and I made her appointment for the last week in October (the 27th). Is that bad, or does it not really make a difference? I just figured that with yuntif coming up, I would wait till the end of the month.

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 5:10 pm
Pefectly fine. She will iyh be five years old, not five months old.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 5:21 pm
Check with your insurance. Ours only allows us to make a well visit a year and a day after the last one. So every year I try to make the appt as close to the child's birthday as possible but the possible dates get further and further away.

It might not matter so much now because your child's birthday is in October. My daughter's birthday is at the end of April. I can only make her appointments in May at this point and we're getting closer to camp checkup season when the pediatrician's office gets crazy busy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers