Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are ugg boots worth it for a kid?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 4:16 pm
I just bought ugg boots for my 4 year old daughter. I did not do it to look cool, although they are very cute, but more because I want her to be comfy and warm, AND I want them to last all season.
Last winter I bought a walmart knock off that only lasted a couple of months, and I would like something to last from oct-march.
Has anyone bought kids uggs and have them lasted the whole season? I am by no means rich and I know I put out a lot of money for a 4 year old, but I really want quality and ocmfort.
Thanks!

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 4:24 pm
Is she your youngest?

The next one will use them when she grows out of them.

It isn't stupid to get good stuff if it lasts and lasts and you get use out of it. Not at all.

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 5:15 pm
They definitely last and if you get them from Nordstrom and they get ruined, the store will replace them free of charge. But that's a big jump from walmart brand to uggs.

QUEENY

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 5:39 pm
Last year I bought my daughter EMU Australia boots. The inside rubbed out with in a month. My daughter loved the boots anyway. THis year I splurged a bit and bought her UGGs from 6pm for $70 but she will wear them and they are comfy and warm...I would say...just enjoy them and hope they last!

granolamom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 9:30 pm
costco has ugg-type boots and they are extremely warm and comfy and they last a full season. you have to catch them when they have them, I think you may have missed them this year, but think about it for next year. I think they're like $30 or so. they are real deal, not like walmart man made stuff.

supty

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 9:43 pm
My toddler wore them EVERYDAY last winter and they stayed in pretty good shape. I think they're worth it.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 11:41 am
my daughter has been wearing uggs for a long time! they are great, warm and usually last her 2 seasons!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 11:48 am
lol no way

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 11:48 am
are you buying them for the warmth? I have seen a lot of kids wearing them daily, but I don't see the value. they're not waterproof. I've seen kids at the bus stop wearing them after the rain. the poor kids have to have wet feet the rest of the day. they don't seem to have any support in them. I invest in good rain/snow boots for my kids, and they wear them when necessary. I expect those to last me at least two seasons per kid (I buy big) and be passed down to the next.

that being said, I don't know why you're asking once you've bought them. I hope you find it worth it. enjoy your purchase. I know a lot of mothers around love them, and I hope you will too. I'm sure your kid's feet will be nice and toasty in them.

granolamom

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 7:43 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
are you buying them for the warmth? I have seen a lot of kids wearing them daily, but I don't see the value. they're not waterproof. I've seen kids at the bus stop wearing them after the rain. the poor kids have to have wet feet the rest of the day. they don't seem to have any support in them. I invest in good rain/snow boots for my kids, and they wear them when necessary. I expect those to last me at least two seasons per kid (I buy big) and be passed down to the next.

that being said, I don't know why you're asking once you've bought them. I hope you find it worth it. enjoy your purchase. I know a lot of mothers around love them, and I hope you will too. I'm sure your kid's feet will be nice and toasty in them.

I buy them for myself for warmth. I have not found any boots that keep my feet as warm as ugg type boots (I buy the kirkland from costco). My older dd wears them for style (??? I think they're, well, ugly). I dont buy them for my younger dd because she doesnt spend much time out in the very cold weather unless she's in the snow and like you said, they are not waterproof, and she doesnt give a hoot about style.

Deep

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 8:34 pm
The best kids boots are Cougar. 100% waterproof, extremely warm and last forever. We pass them around the family for years (and our kids wear them every day for 8 months straight). Take it from a Canadian.

zmom

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 9:01 pm
I've bought Bear Paws, which I found to be just as good. Or Uggs from Marshall's! 6pm sounds like a good option for last year's styles and a better price for a little kid.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 9:56 pm
Uggs has an online sale now 40-60 off great prices!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics