Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What to bring from America to Israel
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Oct 10 2014, 9:33 am
Hey, to each his own.. Very Happy
If I were bringing a lift, then sure, I could see bringing a year's supply of pads. But in a suitcase? Even if I jammed a lot of them in my suitcase, it would be at most a few months worth, so it wouldn't really be worth it to me. I usually try to bring non-disposable things that will last me a while, like makeup, medicines, etc. But again, to each his own, go ahead and bring pads if that makes you happy. Very Happy

mandksima

Post Fri, Oct 10 2014, 9:42 am
The point for me wouldn't be to bring a year's supply- just as much as I could pack in to save money by buying it here. I also bring pullups/diapers when I have room but they are heavier.

heidi

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 2:11 pm
Imasoftov, the prices here on ziplocs, vanilla etc. are more than quadruple in price than in America. Not all of us are millionaires, and thus bringing stuff in from America makes sense. The Israeli made sprinkles melt when you mix them into cake batter. The American ones don't. Doesn't make me any less patriotic. Just realistic.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:34 am
heidi wrote:
Imasoftov, the prices here on ziplocs, vanilla etc. are more than quadruple in price than in America. Not all of us are millionaires, and thus bringing stuff in from America makes sense. The Israeli made sprinkles melt when you mix them into cake batter. The American ones don't. Doesn't make me any less patriotic. Just realistic.

Well as a millionaire, I have staff that posts in my name for me, but I have instructed them to be more sensitive of the common people in the future.

grace413

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 4:18 am
imasoftov wrote:
Well as a millionaire, I have staff that posts in my name for me, but I have instructed them to be more sensitive of the common people in the future.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

luppamom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 10:29 am
OP here. m in israel, thanks for the search! I tried to search myself, but couldn't find anything. I don't have access to the Israeli-only section. I didn't write this, but I live far from J"m in an Israeli community, buying rare American products is not possible unless I want to be on the bus over 2 hrs!!

Everyone has their own thing that matters to them that they will import... I was trying to get a survey of what people import to try to cover my tracks and not miss something and end up paying triple the price for that item. As time goes on, I am getting more and more Israeli and don't miss American stuff as much. But, Tropicana and real American cheese will always have a place in my heart!

On the maxi-pad/toilet paper topic, this could be very important (and save $) after birth when quality is important.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics