Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Time sensitive - dough rising question

wifeandmore

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 2:51 am
ive so far let the dough rise for 3 hours... im so tired now, can I put iti n thefridge now until tomorrow morning or will it overrise? must I shape it now and bake?
thanks

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 6:51 am
wifeandmore wrote:
ive so far let the dough rise for 3 hours... im so tired now, can I put iti n thefridge now until tomorrow morning or will it overrise? must I shape it now and bake?
thanks

Well I'm assuming you live in a time zone where you've already gone to sleep so this is probably too late, but I often leave the dough to rise overnight (I like ziplocs for this, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap) and it rises by the morning (so leave room for that in the bag or bowl). But if it had already risen for some hours out of the fridge, I'd punch it down, shape it, wrap the loaves in plastic, and leave them overnight in the fridge, and bake them in the morning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads