Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Scraped Knees - can't wear stockings

amother

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:44 pm
Fell on the sidewalk pretty badly yesterday and my knees are scraped up and bruised. I'm ok and I can walk, but it hurts too much to put on stockings over the bandages. I'm MO going to some yeshivish families for Sukkot meals and trying to figure out what to wear now.

I can wear loose-fitting lightweight sweatpants under a regular Shabbat / Yom Tov skirt for modesty and warmth, but it will look pretty stupid. Or I could wear one of my regular Shabbat / YT skirts (forgot to mention that these are knee length to slightly below knee-length) without stockings, but that feels immodest for the families I'm going to, the ugly bandages will show, and I'll be cold in the sukkah. The only long skirts I have are jean skirts, which feels too casual. Or I can wear business casual dress pants like I wear to work sometimes, although wearing pants to a yeshivish family sukkah also feels out of place.

Honestly, I'm close enough friends with the hosts that they'll understand and not really care. And my husband doesn't care at all about what I wear. But suggestions and ideas are appreciated

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:46 pm
call the hosts and ask what they prefer. I would leave it up to you. the options given would be short skirt + no stockings or dress pants. and you can bring a wrap to put over your legs if you're cold in the sukkah.

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:49 pm
Sorry you hurt yourself Sad

You don't have any long or longish skirts made of regular material?

If so under the circumstances I'd wear the long denim skirt. It's better than the alternatives.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:52 pm
Would leggings be comfortable? If so, I think black leggings under your Shabbos skirts would be your best option.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 12:54 pm
I agree with Sequoia.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 2:35 pm
I guess you got to buy a new skirt l Covod Yom Tov

abaker

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 4:45 pm
I would wear a long denim skirt, and depending on how cold it is where you live....socks or long johns or sweatpants or leggings underneath for warmth. Definitely not pants or bare legs (too cold for Sukkot) refuah shelema
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics