Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Six flags great adventure
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 6:43 pm
Does anyone know what time you can buy tickets in the morning from ncsy at sic flags nj?

granolamom

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 6:45 pm
I dont, but do you know how much tickets are? my dd wants to go with her friends family, I want to send her with enough money

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 6:52 pm
Is NCSY selling tickets for safari as well?

bluesclues

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 6:53 pm
Are they selling kosher food in the park this year?

Notsobusy

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 7:02 pm
According to the ad, they open at 11. Tickets are $35.00 at the NCSY booth.
The safari is now a ride from inside the park. There is no separate admission and you don't drive through, they drive you on open busses. The lines are usually pretty long, so go early.
I don't know about Kosher food. I'll try to check the ad again soon.

Mom23gs

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 7:14 pm
According to the email I have, A Succah will be up, and they will be selling food. No food is allowed to be brought into the park.

syrima

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 8:31 pm
I would bring food and leave in the car just in case. On pesach they were sold out of Kosher food by the time we went for supper.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 1:22 am
Unless NCSY is having a separate food booth, the only kosher stand is Oasis Cafe. The lines there are long due to extremely slow service and lack of personnel. There are very few choices of food and the food is not so good. For example the fries taste like they were microwaved out of the frozen package. The price are high, naturally, because it's the only kosher place in the park.

Six Flags does allow you to bring in kosher food if you are unable to eat the food from Oasis (It's the hechsher from Edison or Elizabeth I forget which one). Six Flags also allows outside food for medical reasons, such as a severe food allergy. In any case, they will give you a sticker at the door so you can bring in food.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 7:34 am
glutenless wrote:
According to the ad, they open at 11. Tickets are $35.00 at the NCSY booth.
The safari is now a ride from inside the park. There is no separate admission and you don't drive through, they drive you on open busses. The lines are usually pretty long, so go early.
I don't know about Kosher food. I'll try to check the ad again soon.

Thank you. So the safari is no longer a trip in itself? It's a quick ride now?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 7:35 am
If you have season passes can you use them or do you have to buy from ncsy?

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 9:20 am
The safari is no longer a trip by itself, you enter through the park, there's no separate admission but it's not quick. The lines are usually long, the ride itself was at least 45 minutes, maybe an hour, I don't remember exactly. I liked that they had a tour guide telling you what you were seeing, with interesting facts. Unfortunately we found it difficult to hear the tour guide.
The biggest problem is that you can't go at your own pace, and stop for long at the things you really want to see. And also, no monkeys Sad

You can use your season passes, it's open to the public, not just NCSY, but if you don't have passes, their tickets are cheaper than regular admission.

zigi

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 9:54 am
groisamomma wrote:
Unless NCSY is having a separate food booth, the only kosher stand is Oasis Cafe. The lines there are long due to extremely slow service and lack of personnel. There are very few choices of food and the food is not so good. For example the fries taste like they were microwaved out of the frozen package. The price are high, naturally, because it's the only kosher place in the park.

Six Flags does allow you to bring in kosher food if you are unable to eat the food from Oasis (It's the hechsher from Edison or Elizabeth I forget which one). Six Flags also allows outside food for medical reasons, such as a severe food allergy. In any case, they will give you a sticker at the door so you can bring in food.

that's good to know about food allergy

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:07 pm
glutenless wrote:
The safari is no longer a trip by itself, you enter through the park, there's no separate admission but it's not quick. The lines are usually long, the ride itself was at least 45 minutes, maybe an hour, I don't remember exactly. I liked that they had a tour guide telling you what you were seeing, with interesting facts. Unfortunately we found it difficult to hear the tour guide.
The biggest problem is that you can't go at your own pace, and stop for long at the things you really want to see. And also, no monkeys Sad

You can use your season passes, it's open to the public, not just NCSY, but if you don't have passes, their tickets are cheaper than regular admission.
Thanks for the info!

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:23 pm
We went to six flags today. The lines were really long. My younger kids had a good time, the kiddie ride lines weren't too bad and they watched a couple of shows. The older kids waited on line for so long, they asked to go home after just two rides. We have season passes and they have gone a lot over the summer, so it wasn't that disappointing. I feel bad for people who traveled far and paid for tickets and then waited on those long lines.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 5:02 pm
glutenless wrote:
We went to six flags today. The lines were really long. My younger kids had a good time, the kiddie ride lines weren't too bad and they watched a couple of shows. The older kids waited on line for so long, they asked to go home after just two rides. We have season passes and they have gone a lot over the summer, so it wasn't that disappointing. I feel bad for people who traveled far and paid for tickets and then waited on those long lines.

we were there by 11 my kids got to ride all the rides they wanted to no lines.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 7:20 pm
Looking for updated information. What kosher food is available at the park, or in the vicinity?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 7:27 pm
Oasis cafe closed down so there is no kosher food available in the park. It was hard to even find kosher chips. Lakewood is twenty minutes away so you can go there for supper.

cnc

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 7:28 pm
I'm almost sure that they got rid of the kosher food stand recently. Lakewood is not too far away though.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 7:52 pm
We went recently and brought along sandwiches and fruit. The security guard checked our bags, and didn't say anything about the food. They are used to "kosher" guests.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
We went recently and brought along sandwiches and fruit. The security guard checked our bags, and didn't say anything about the food. They are used to "kosher" guests.

Whenever I went but wasn't recent they did not allow us to take food in except once when we said we can't buy food because of allergies.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics