Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah-old thread
1  2  Next

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 1:14 am
Please daven for my dear friend Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah. She has been battling cancer which has metastasized to her legs. Erev yom tov she was walking down the stairs and her femur just snapped, she has been in the hospital since Wednesday and needs a special surgery to put in a prosthetic bone, but also has a mysterious infection. This woman is a tzadekes, she has helped me ever since my daughter's cancer diagnosis 3 years ago, even when sick herself, is always concerned about my family. We visited her in the hospital tonight and she was unresponsive. I am scared out of my mind for her. Her daughter-in-law expecting her first baby any day now. This should be a happy time.

avocado7

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 1:43 am
I became aware after listening to" inspired by wire" hotline 1 718 906 6451 ,by taking upon yourself a small mitzvah in tzniurs, helps a great deal .And many personal tzniurs stories on this hotline testify s that miracles have occured .
wishing everyone involved a fast refua shlayma.

Snickers18

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 1:53 am
Just davened for her. Will continue to do so. So sorry, and hope to hear good news. Heart

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 1:58 am
Refuah Shleima.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:51 am
avocado7 wrote:
I became aware after listening to" inspired by wire" hotline 1 718 906 6451 ,by taking upon yourself a small mitzvah in tzniurs, helps a great deal .And many personal tzniurs stories on this hotline testify s that miracles have occured .
wishing everyone involved a fast refua shlayma.

Can you get a life and take this spam elsewhere? She asked for tefillos, not suggestions.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:52 am
I will daven for your friend, OP. I hope she has a refua sheleima soon.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:57 am
groisamomma wrote:
Can you get a life and take this spam elsewhere? She asked for tefillos, not suggestions.

Exhale.

TBH, I wasn't happy when I read this either - and then I got to thinking: if you knew about something that you truly BELIEVED would help someone who wanted something, wouldn't you want to help by sharing that info?

Like I said, I felt just like you but.....JMHO Smile

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 9:59 am
They moved her to ICU due to a sudden drop in blood pressure. We cannot lose her. And to the poster who suggested taking on extra mitzvot, yes, she has done so, I have done so, and my daughter with cancer has done so, and I know you meant it to be helpful, but I can't help but agree with those who criticized your post. To those who are not religious, it sounds like you are appointing blame and pressuring them to take on something they may not be ready for "or else." And to those who are religious, we are already doing extra, and more extra, so it is offensive. So overall, it was an unnecessary comment and not at all a helpful suggestion.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 10:05 am
Refuah Shlaima! I hope Hashem hears our tefilos and she has a complete refuah very quickly. It should be a true zman simchaseinu for her family and your family. She sounds like a very special person and a very precious friend.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
Exhale.

TBH, I wasn't happy when I read this either - and then I got to thinking: if you knew about something that you truly BELIEVED would help someone who wanted something, wouldn't you want to help by sharing that info?

Like I said, I felt just like you but.....JMHO Smile

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight=

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:38 pm
Update on Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah: she has been moved to Columbia Presbyterian and is medically stable, but has to wait several more days until blood thinners are out of her system before she can have the surgery to put in the prosthetic bone. They are looking at sometime between Wednesday and Friday. Please keep davening! Thanks so much!

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:43 pm
Update: Great news, surgery is tomorrow! Wednesday, October 22. Also, we are doing a challah bake for her this erev shabbos. If you can bake, please let us know to tally you in by emailing Barbara Gildin at simchaplanners@yahoo.com. Thanks so much.

myself

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:45 pm
Thank for the update. May the surgery be successful with a quick and uneventful recovery.

obsesseddancer

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:41 pm
Update! The surgery was Baruch Hashem successful! She had a horrible week, a lot of pain, and my heart totally broke for her. But the past few days has been a complete turn-around. Yesterday she took her first assisted steps, as she was motivated after hearing the news that her daughter-in-law gave birth to the most perfect baby girl yesterday morning. Tomorrow she is I"YH being discharged to a local rehab for a few weeks until she is self-sufficient enough to come home. Her strength and bitachon has been an inspiration to us all. Once she is back to "normal" after the rehab, she will need to look at some more experimental options to fight her cancer, so please do keep her in your tefillos. Watching her attitude through all this, always with a smile, has made me love her even more.

obsesseddancer

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 7:59 am
Baruch Hashem Nomi Esther is in the rehab, doing ok but exhausted, and the one thing that concerns me more than anything is her appetite, which is non-existent. She needs to eat to keep up her strength but is having a hard time forcing herself. There is one protein shake she will drink but it takes her all day just to get through one. So please, I need some extra tefillos today that we can get her to eat some real food and enjoy it. Her illness has been consuming me, and I have my own seriously ill daughter to worry about, so that says a lot about how much I love this lady. Please daven. Thank you.

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:01 pm
I saw her this morning in the rehab for the first time in 10 days and was shocked, it looked like she aged at least 15 more years. She is very thin and weak, wasting away and not getting enough nutrition. I cried all morning and then heard about the massacre in Har Nof (where my older daughter is studying for the year) and then cried some more. Haven't really stopped all day. Can't take much more of this. Please, I need extra tefillos for my friend, for Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah. And for my daughter Kayla Rus bas Chaya Rochel who is battling cancer. And for my daughter Eliana Yehudis bas Chaya Rochel who is in Har Nof. I am nauseated already from sobbing.

boysrus

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:27 pm
oh gosh obsesseddancer, I am feeling your pain Crying may HKBH help all of klal yisrael to heal physically and emotionally. I am thinking ofyou every day, and I pray that Hashem should heal your daughter and your friend adn all other cholim. Please G-d He will protect Elianna Yehudis too. I also have very close family in Har NOf right now, and this has been a very painful day for all of us
hugs xxx

obsesseddancer

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 9:36 am
She is not eating, not doing well, and depressed.

I came upon a great Tehillim site through someone else's request for Tehillim. It seems like a cooler idea than the excel sign-up sheets we have used before. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to set up a similar link for Naomi. The way it works is you go to her personalized link, and it gives you a random perek of Tehillim to say. Once you have said it, you click the green link so their counter can mark that perek as "said." Then you can ask for another. You can even switch to a new one if you want to for whatever reason. And there is a settings button on top in case the instructions pop up in Hebrew and you want to switch languages. PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK ON YOUR FACEBOOK WALL IF YOU HAVE AND ALSO WITH ALL YOUR EMAIL LISTS! Thank you in advance!
http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=NcwDLrf6NW

myself

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 3:28 pm
Bumping this up. May she and all the cholim of Klal Yisroel have a refuah shleima b'karov.

etky

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 4:38 pm
I have a visceral reaction whenever this thread pops up because I also have a close friend named Nomi Esther who I've been davening for for over a year now - she's been in a vegetative state due to head trauma. Whenever I see the name I get a stab in my heart. I said a number of tehillim for your Nomi Esther from the site. I will also keep both your daughters in mind - it sounds like you have so much on your plate right now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed