Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
What do you serve on Layl Simchas Torah?

simchamommy

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 8:21 am
it's so late by the time everyone comes home from shul, but it's still a yom tov meal.
What do most people serve? Only fleishig ideas please.

mha3484

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 8:27 am
Since it's just DH and myself we make steaks, a salad and a starch. I keep it pretty simple.

momX4

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 9:15 am
challah, fish and soup (my kids eat only chicken soup)

nameless

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 10:05 am
We usually do some kind of deli. Either sandwiches or wraps or another kind of wrap. For the night it's much easier not to have to heat anything up, you can just sit down and eat.

anonymom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 6:15 pm
My husband likes to sneak home near the beginning of hakofos and have a quick meal and then go back to shul. that way im not waiting up so late and eating at midnight. The pesach sedarim are enough late night meals for me.

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 8:46 pm
Challah and soup.

There are leftovers if anyone wants anything more.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 12:40 am
I suppose one could put a five pound bag of Yukon potatoes through the pressure cooker for about 7 minutes at pressure.

And the soup could have potatoes in it, to make it thicker.

Ilana Tamar

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 12:49 am
Honestly, most family members are way too tired to eat at that hour, but Dh is expecting food. I just reheat whatever I served the previous night. It works for the hungry folk. Everyone else just eats a bit of challah and heads to bed.

abound

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 2:41 am
challa, fish (not everyone eats), soup, a light chicken breast (this year I am doing strips of chicken cutlets with sauted onions and mushrooms.) and compote if anyone is up to it. I many times end up with leftovers but I cook a regular meal. I serve everyone before Yom tov starts so they get food in and are not starving the entire night. I sometimes serve the kids again before DH comes home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus