Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Outings for different ages and genders

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 7:39 pm
My 12-14 year old kids don't like going to the zoo, fruit/vegi picking, hikes, museums, aquariums, etc. I would love for my 8-10 year olds to still be able to have those experiences. What should I do? Do your younger ones miss out on these wholesome experiences? Do you tell your older ones that they must come along? Any suggestions? What wholesome activities do you do that appeal to your tween/teens?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 8:23 pm
I don't think you have to bring the older kids every time. If your older kids don't want to go to the zoo or aquarium or museum, can't you just leave them home? Most 12 or 14 years should be old enough to stay home alone for a few hours. Or they can arrange their own plans with friends. Take the younger kids and let them have a good time.

Have you asked your older kids what they are interested in doing? Do they like going to the library? Amusement parks? Miniature golf? Movies? Bookstore? Coffee shop? Beach? Finding deals at thrift stores, swap meets? I have no idea what teens do these days. Or if you go to a museum/zoo/park is there a nearby area (shopping center/pizza/ice cream/movies) the older kids can hang out and meet you at a later time? That way you are doing some stuff together with the family and some time on their own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics