Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What to do about ISIS?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 5:02 pm
They're all over the news. Their barbaric actions, towards men, women and children alike. Their horrific advancement. Their terrifying black garb. Their threats.

I watch the news, read the papers, and feel frightened, as well as very sad for those who have been terrorized by these wicked wicked animals. Yet that's all I do. I feel like a hypocrite; I click my tongue, maybe say some tehillim or talk to G-d to save us all, but then I go on with my day.

Is there anything further I can do, other than sympathize? Does anyone know of something constructive that I can do? (Call politicians, donate money, any other ideas?)

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 7:10 pm
I wonder the same thing, and also wonder even if I were a world power, what would be the right thing to do here? These people are huge, they're everywhere, it's crazy. Call politicians and tell them what - do something? Do what? I guess encouraging them to "do something" is, well, something. But still feels kinda lame.

It's really frightening. I feel like all we can do in today's world is try our best to live closer to G-d.

ima_dina084

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 7:36 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
They're all over the news. Their barbaric actions, towards men, women and children alike. Their horrific advancement. Their terrifying black garb. Their threats.

I watch the news, read the papers, and feel frightened, as well as very sad for those who have been terrorized by these wicked wicked animals. Yet that's all I do. I feel like a hypocrite; I click my tongue, maybe say some tehillim or talk to G-d to save us all, but then I go on with my day.

Is there anything further I can do, other than sympathize? Does anyone know of something constructive that I can do? (Call politicians, donate money, any other ideas?)

No ideas either but I too feel that I should be doing something. Sad

chanee

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 6:28 am
I don't want to bring this on my lips ever but I feel like this is bringing us closer to another major war, I hope not ever a world war. This seems to be their goal.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 8:03 am
I'm afraid.

I stopped listening to the news. It's too much for me.

I'm praying more than I used to. When I say the Bracha Magen Avraham in Shemonah Esray I have in mind Jews all over the world. May Hashem shield us from danger.

May Hashem bring Moshiach. Teach us to follow his path. Patiently. And get rid of evil. Finally.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics