Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
4 year old broke her foot! Much advice needed!!!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 2:59 am
My 4 year old daughter broke her foot on yom tov. Shes in a full leg cast. (Not walking on it at all)
What do I do when she goes back to school? Get her a wheelchair? Expect teacher to carry her around the room when needed?
Also- what new games/toys could I get her to cheer her up and keep her busy at home and also for when shes in school and the kids go to the playground.
Thank u!!

chani8

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:06 am
A wheelchair is a great idea.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 8:30 am
no crutches?

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 8:49 am
My dd went to school at that age with 2 full leg casts. She crawled around the classroom. She also had stroller there. I saw no need for a wheelchair, maybe because I couldn't push her and ds at the same time without my double stroller.

Now she is 8 and has casts again. She is in a wheelchair, but she still crawls around her classroom and our house.

They don't give crutches for kids that age.

animeme

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 9:56 am
Can she bend her knee? When D's was just under 4 we used a stroller. He also crawled around when he was just hanging out in the class.

We also got a walker instead of crutches. He used it like crutches- no weight on the broken leg. But its more stable than crutches for a preschooler.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 10:22 am
No she cant rly bend her knees and barely getting around on the floor.
And any asvice on games?

Thanks for your replies!!

animeme

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 12:05 pm
Got it. I'd do a wheelchair or a stroller that has a footbar you can raise. You do not want her teachers carrying her more than necessary, which is likely only for the bathroom. You will likely need to go In on the first day and show them how to do that, as well as making a plan in general. Be available to take he home early that day if she tires out . If she can get up and down by herself by then, a walker might work nicely.

Games- maybe a magna doodle. For at home I might let her use an iPad. . Some coloring books with a good set of markers.stickers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers