Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Looking for Chesed Projects

Malkah120

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 6:45 am
I am looking for chesed projects that can be done from home, e.g. editing, newsletters, playbills, journals, etc. I have many years of office experience and have edited two books that have been published. Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

Malkah

Dev80

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 7:11 am
I recently got this email from Neve Yerushalyim that they need fundraising but can't afford to outlay anything. I've copied it below maybe something they need could be up your ally?

Dear Alumnae,

I want to introduce myself to those that do not know me and to those that do I send a big hello. My name is Chana (Pat Papock) Gilman, I am an alumna of Neve from 1986-87. I was also Executive Director of Neve Yerushalayim New York from 1988-1990. Many of you also know me as the Anne Klein lady.

I have come full circle with this new position. It is wonderful to be back here with Neve and reconnecting with all of the alumnae.

We have created THE NEVE PROJECT which will be the umbrella of all alumnae events, projects and efforts to help raise funds for the school.

As you know or have heard, Neve is in serious financial difficulties. While the response to Rabbi Refson's letter has been very heartwarming and overwhelming, there is still much to be done to help Neve to continue its most valuable work for Klal Yisroel.

THE NEVE PROJECT is hoping to work with alumnae from all over the globe to create events that will not only connect the women to each other and to the school but will have financial benefit as the end result.

I am calling on all of you to please help in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to send me any and all ideas you may have that could potentially help Neve. Please let us know of any events you may be planning. Some woman are sending ideas of how to reach out to the wider community. Others are offering individual help such as making phone calls as needed.

Alumnae have also gotten together as a 'school' to help Neve. Currently there are two projects:

Bnos Sarah Neve Tzadaka Campaign
contact Aidel Weisberg aidelmiriam@gmail.com

Midreshet Tehillah's Bat Mitzvah Campaign
www.mtbatmitzvah.org

We now have several Neve alumnae that are professional graphic designers available to help any community with creating fliers or any other graphics work that would be helpful to develop advertising for your events. These designers are working pro bono for Neve. Please feel free to ask for this help. We thank them very much for offering their services. If anyone has any professional services that you would like to volunteer for THE NEVE PROJECT I would love to hear from you.

Neve at this time cannot spend any money to raise money, but we are looking for ways to help you save as much as possible in your efforts.

THE NEVE PROJECT would like to plan an online Chinese Auction to raise money. This project will be headed by Yael Ancier who has experience in this. We would like the auction to take place before Chanukah. The biggest obstacle is getting items or services donated for the prizes to be auctioned. We are asking everyone to think whom you can reach out to; family, friends, businesses that would be able to donate anything and everything from children's items to tablets, jewelry, sheitels, tickets to Israel and professional services. We cannot do this without all of you helping in this effort. Our deadline for knowing if items will be donated is October 1st. Your help in selling the tickets for the auction will be tremendous. Yael can be reached at: yaelancier@gmail.com.

THE NEVE PROJECT has two events taking place in Elul. These are the first and are very exciting. Other communities are on the drawing board.

SaveNeve: NYC Unites Wednesday Sept 17

SaveNeve: Johannesburg Wednesday Sept 17

You can contact me for information about these events at the email below.

Moral Obligation is another area the alumnae has really stepped up to help Neve. We are asking that if there is any way you can pay off your debt in full, make monthly payments or increase your payments to please do so immediately.

If you need to know what your Moral Obligation balance is please email Sora Tepper at: Moralob@nevey.org

On behalf of Neve I would like to thank everyone who has initiated and helped with all of the projects in this email. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

As we are in the month of Elul I want to wish you all, that in the merit of assisting with our alma mater, we should be zochar for a "Ketiva VeChatima Tova".

Shana Tova,

Chana Gilman
Director of Alumnae Affairs International
projects.neve@gmail.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics