Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Tongue recipes

Emily Thorne

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 5:36 pm
im having a lot of guest yomtov and I need a good tongue recipe. I got bored of my usual recipe. Anyone care to share? Very Happy

Emily Thorne

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 5:49 pm
bump

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:37 am
Well, it may be too late but I made a phenomenal recipe which I learned from a friend from Chile.

I cooked up the tongue and saved some stock.
I sauteed onions nice and brown. I had to keep adding some water and a drop of sugar and mixing.
I added minced garlic.
When the onions were nice and brown I squirted in some soy sauce.
Then I added the stock from the tongue and here's the secret ingredient: ground almonds. Yes. I added finely ground almonds that I had left over from Pesach in my freezer (sorry, no amounts) and stirred and cooked it up for a bit.
Then I put the slices of tonuge in to heat up.

Suffice it to say that my kids couldn't get enough of this tongue.

write on

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 2:29 pm
My all-time favorite tongue recipe is so easy-schmeasy it's almost embarrassing: squirt in a generous serving of ketchup and a little lemon juice and let it simmer for a loooooong time (after cooking the tongue for a few hours, peeling and cutting it). It is AMAZING!!!!

ChossidMom, just fyi, I suppose that having a husband with a big nut allergy makes me more sensitive to these things, but I kind of freaked out from hearing your recipe--if you are having guests it would probably be a good idea to ask if they are nut allergic because my husband would never even dream that there would be almonds in the tongue and that could be really dangerous for him...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics