Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Recipes for foods baalei teshuva used to eat (not treif!)
Previous  1  2

Ilana Tamar

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 11:17 am
My BFF likes to buy Yves ground beef substitute to use in her tacos so that she can have cheese with them.

mirror

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:28 pm
I have a friend who is a BT and she loves Avocado mixed with sour cream.

mirror

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:31 pm
Ilana Tamar wrote:
My BFF likes to buy Yves ground beef substitute to use in her tacos so that she can have cheese with them.

My BT friends substitutes refried beans.

Refried beans: 1 large can baked beans, put into frying pan and "fry", just use spatula to slide back and forth until the liquid evaporates and the beans are somewhat solid mush.

She says Bush's baked beans work best, but there is only one kosher variety of this now.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:41 pm
Anyone have a replica of calamari recipe?
Or jack in the box ranch dressing?

Honestly, I don't believe many of these flavors can be replicated in kosher, but if you try and succeed: good for you!!!

penguin

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:59 pm
Quote:
(it was under some common hechsher like OU or OK or something -- might not help those who eat 'heimishe hechsherim' but, well, you are going to be out of luck for a lot of stuff in that case).
Just be patient. It will be coming soon. After all, every business has to come up with something new to tempt you.

mille

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:18 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
My BT friends substitutes refried beans.

Refried beans: 1 large can baked beans, put into frying pan and "fry", just use spatula to slide back and forth until the liquid evaporates and the beans are somewhat solid mush.

She says Bush's baked beans work best, but there is only one kosher variety of this now.

Hm, this might be tasty, but not what I'd call 'refried beans' in the sense of Mexican food (and I consider myself an expert LOL )! For that, use just plain canned pinto beans (or make your own from scratch in the crockpot, when it's done they will mush up similar to refried beans!), drained and rinsed, with a little water and cumin. You heat up and mash with the back of a spoon until they achieve the right consistency.

Penguin, I am sure fake meat exists in all hechshers, but there is something particularly amazing about this brand of fake meat I'm talking about!

Blue jay

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:30 pm
Here are my imposter recipes:

Kosher Big Mac- Thin beef patty fried in pan, sprinkle with finely diced sweet onion, thin circle pickle slices, lettuce, thin tomato slice and thousand island dressing (pareve) add also some extra ketchup and use a sesame seeded bun.

Kosher Fillet O' fish_- Dr. Praegars breaded fish patty, tarter sauce, tomato and lettuce in bun

Fast food fries_ Frozen shoe string fries deep fried and sprinkle with salt and a little sugar!

Blue jay

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:31 pm
mille wrote:
Hm, this might be tasty, but not what I'd call 'refried beans' in the sense of Mexican food (and I consider myself an expert LOL )! For that, use just plain canned pinto beans (or make your own from scratch in the crockpot, when it's done they will mush up similar to refried beans!), drained and rinsed, with a little water and cumin. You heat up and mash with the back of a spoon until they achieve the right consistency.

Penguin, I am sure fake meat exists in all hechshers, but there is something particularly amazing about this brand of fake meat I'm talking about!

This recipe, I am going to try! sounds great!Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics