Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to dress a petite 15 yr old whos flat chested (looks 12)

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:47 am
My 15 yr old is still quite small and can pass for a 12 year old...not helped by the fact her breasts havent grown much yet. During the week its easy - jean skirts and sweatshirts but shabbos clothes are hard. Whe. Wearing adult size 4 dresses she looks babyish bc her figure isnt quite there yet. Skirts and tops would be better but plain tops are also young looking. Any tips or ideas please? She does wear jewellery etc to help....

chani8

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:01 am
Let her go shopping with girlfriends. She doesn't need mommy picking out her clothes, and will just resent you later for dressing her like a little girl. Unless she's a bit of a geek and needs your help.

A woman who's flat chested would likely wear a pre-formed or push up bra to give her a little extra something to make the clothes look better. That's a tip she may appreciate.

itssimplyme

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:34 am
It doesn't matter, just let her dress how she wants.
don't bring the "issue" up with her either. She's only a child. Most importantly she is a happy girl with no complexes.

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:39 am
Perhaps she can wear plain tops and layer a blazer or bolero jacket or shrug over it to give it a more grown-up look.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:57 am
look for junior sizes. adult size 4 is definitely made with a figure in mind. juniors are cut for her proportions.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:15 am
The blousy tops that has a rubber on bottom or the short tops that are a little loose come in dressy materials that don't give out the chest part, the lingerie stores have inserts for bras to give a shape 

sara_s

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:30 am
Empire waists and scoop necks can be flattering for that kind of figure. They give more shape

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:39 am
Wear ruffles or other details around the bust line. Justice has a sweater now with a fuzzy heart across the chest which is perfect for the illusion of a figure. Pair it with a pencil and a wedge heel.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:55 am
Ladies she is FIFTEEN!
No push ups shock or heels!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:53 am
My teen is also very small. She wears a very slightly padded bra. She's still on the smaller side even with it, but it makes her feel more comfortable with how her clothes fit. She's a size zero and 5'2," so she's also petite as well. That tiny bit of padding does wonders for her self-esteem.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 11:43 am
And I am 30 and very flat-chested... some females will deal with this their entire lives. Don't give her a complex about it now, especially since it can become her "problem" for the rest of her life. If she says anything to you let her know about padded bras. If it doesn't seem to bother her then ignore it.

granolamom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:40 pm
My teen dd is built just like yours, OP. She isnt at all concerned about giving the image of a fuller chest. Maybe it helps that I am very small chested too so there's no judgement or shame about that here. In any case, on shabbos she tends to wear full skirts with wide elastic waistbands,(seems to be a popular look right now) with a plain black top (usually a gap body, which fits her nicely since its meant to be fitted it drapes well on her). My dd isnt into jewelry, but a nice necklace would round it out nicely imo. I agree with those who said to look in the juniors department and go for styles that dont hang empty on top. Last year I found some cute size 0 knit dresses on nordstrom.com for her, they were inexpensive, trendy and because they're knits, they stretch as much as you need on top (or not). I just had to shorten them a bit.
I guess when my dds finished growing if she expresses a desire for padding we will look into it, but there is no way I am going to put that in her mind. Shes beautiful the way she is.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:45 am
Op here. Thanks for all the advice. I wouldnt dream of suggesting to her her size is inadequate by suggesting padding. ...she hasnt complained as such.....more like shes expressed concern she has yet to grow and weve said she will...pg in good time.
Regarding clothes tips....thank u thank u. Juniors makes sense...will have a look. And I like the idea of fuller skirts etc...wish me luck shopping Very Happy

granolamom

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
Op here. Thanks for all the advice. I wouldnt dream of suggesting to her her size is inadequate by suggesting padding. ...she hasnt complained as such.....more like shes expressed concern she has yet to grow and weve said she will...pg in good time.
Regarding clothes tips....thank u thank u. Juniors makes sense...will have a look. And I like the idea of fuller skirts etc...wish me luck shopping Very Happy

good luck! shopping with teenagers can be....fun?

morahaviva

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 10:02 am
She is 15 - you should not be dressing her!! If she acts her age she doesnt want her mother telling her how to dress. Or giving her tips on how NOT to look flat chested. You shouldnt even bring it up to her - I am sure she isnt happy about it, she doesnt need to feel you are concerned about it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 12:30 pm
morahaviva wrote:
She is 15 - you should not be dressing her!!

My mother still dresses me. She gives me her old clothing to wear. Dh thinks it's good enough. I never had money to buy my own clothing. It's my dream to buy something I really like.
Op, there is nothing wrong with being flat chested. I started to have visible breasts after I got married.

granolamom

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 9:19 pm
morahaviva wrote:
She is 15 - you should not be dressing her!! If she acts her age she doesnt want her mother telling her how to dress. Or giving her tips on how NOT to look flat chested. You shouldnt even bring it up to her - I am sure she isnt happy about it, she doesnt need to feel you are concerned about it.

I think it great that OP's 15 yo dd wants her opinions, guidance and advice regarding clothing. Just because most teens respond to their mothers advice with eyerolling, doesnt mean its ideal or optimal.
keep up the good work, OP.

and it sounds like the girl is the one that brought it up to the mother. I wish I had been able to go to my mother with stuff like that at that age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics