Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Childrens' Coats
1  2  Next

kb

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:12 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations of a reasonably priced winter coat for a toddler boy?

I see that the gap coats are on sale now, so I can get that for $43 - is that a good price? And is it a good, warm, coat?

Any other good quality warm coats for cheaper?

granolamom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:30 pm
my dd had a gap coat when she was in size 3T, I was very happy with it. It lasted her the full season and then I handed it down and it looked perfectly new. She seemed warm in it, no complaints. (this was 3 years ago). And I think $43 is pretty good for a good coat. Last year I bought a coat from H&M, it was cheaper (iirc, in the high $20's) but nowhere as warm as the gap coat she had previously.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:06 pm
kb wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations of a reasonably priced winter coat for a toddler boy?

I see that the gap coats are on sale now, so I can get that for $43 - is that a good price? And is it a good, warm, coat?

Any other good quality warm coats for cheaper?
Yes, it's a great price. Their down coats are from the warmest out there.

kb

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:20 pm
Oh. Thanks for that point - I hadn't realized that some were and some weren't down. But with 40% off the $10 difference isn't much. Is the warmth very different?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:24 pm
kb wrote:
Oh. Thanks for that point - I hadn't realized that some were and some weren't down. But with 40% off the $10 difference isn't much. Is the warmth very different?
Yes, it makes a huge difference. Their "warmest coats" are really really warm. Perfect for little ones.

kb

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes, it makes a huge difference. Their "warmest coats" are really really warm. Perfect for little ones.

They are both called warmest :-)

bookie

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:43 pm
I have been shopping around for coats for a good month, and the gap coats are by far the warmest. They are down, the other companies are not especially the cheap ones.

joyful mom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:42 pm
bookie wrote:
I have been shopping around for coats for a good month, and the gap coats are by far the warmest. They are down, the other companies are not especially the cheap ones.

The Gap toddler boys coats are not "down" but some say "warmest" puffer jacket or "warmest" puffer parka... Are they indeed warm?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:43 pm
joyful mom wrote:
The Gap toddler boys coats are not "down" but some say "warmest" puffer jacket or "warmest" puffer parka... Are they indeed warm?
I believe they are 100% feather. They are really warm.

kb

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:45 pm
joyful mom wrote:

The warmest jacket that is $78 says it's down. I ended up ordering both warmest jackets, and will decide which (if any) I will keep when they get here.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:20 pm
My issue with the Gap and other down/warmest jackets is that they are all so short! I have a little girl, she wears skirts and dresses now, and it's just not enough to keep her warm - I'll put her in pants when playing in the snow but she's not going to take them on and off just to walk to school, is she? And leggings are just not warm enough. How does everyone else do this? It's all I see in stores, short or thin! And she has a long torso, even when she did wear pants last year I felt like all she had to do was lift her arms and her whole middle would be exposed. We have two different handed-down down Gap jackets that are nice and warm but both too short.

Deep

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:05 pm
seeker wrote:
My issue with the Gap and other down/warmest jackets is that they are all so short! I have a little girl, she wears skirts and dresses now, and it's just not enough to keep her warm - I'll put her in pants when playing in the snow but she's not going to take them on and off just to walk to school, is she? And leggings are just not warm enough. How does everyone else do this? It's all I see in stores, short or thin! And she has a long torso, even when she did wear pants last year I felt like all she had to do was lift her arms and her whole middle would be exposed. We have two different handed-down down Gap jackets that are nice and warm but both too short.

Benetton makes adorable full-length down coats for girls. They cost about 90$, are super warm and usually last 2 seasons (it has a good cut, you can size up w/o becoming bulky). It's the only coat I buy for my girls.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:06 pm
I actually just realized that Gap (must have recently) added new longer coats. Still not sure how long they actually are but definitely much better than the waist length I have seen before. Still mad expensive!

zigi

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:10 pm
landsend in November has good sales I got a squall jacket for 25$ its not down but thin and warm.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:13 pm
I ordered a down coat from Land's End for DD this year but it seemed sooo thin that I can't imagine it could be that warm even with down. Seemed a little strange. I could be wrong. I returned it anyway because it was much too big; I'd forgotten Land's End tends to run large.

zigi

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:16 pm
my dh has a landsend squall coat he says that it is warm. I have a similar coat I was able to go through a nyc winter in it even though it wasn't down. I wore a sweater underneath. I do trust the warmth ratings from them

proudmother1

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:41 pm
I bought a great coat at Costco for $35. It has an inner thin quilted jacket that can be worn individually or together with the outer jacket. It also comes with a beanie style knit hat. It comes in a few color combinations.
Seems quite warm, and my sons termed it "cool".

bk

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 10:21 am
I need coats for Toddler Girl and Boy and really would like to get the GAP ones, does anyone know if the prices are going to go down in the near future or if there will be a sale come Holiday time? If not, I would order it already so they can have it now.. Or does anyone have a good coupon code they don't need Smile

kb

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 10:41 am
Gap is having a family and friends 40% off sale but I'm not sure if it works for coats.

glamourmom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 10:44 am
kb wrote:
Gap is having a family and friends 40% off sale but I'm not sure if it works for coats.

can you please share PROMO code?

thank you,
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains