Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Vote for a Cute Preemie to Help Shaare Zedek

Shoshie

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:06 pm
I follow this blog: http://thestoryofababy.blogspot.co.il/ I don’t remember how I found it—could be someone mentioned it on imamother. I know nothing about the family other than what’s written on the blog.

Rivka Shore, the author of the blog, gave birth on April 2nd in Shaare Zedek. Avigayil was born at 33 weeks and weighed 1.6 kilos, about 3.5 lbs. After 101 days in the NICU, Avigayil was able to go home because equipment allowed the family to essentially turn the nursery into a NICU. Since then Avigayil has unfortunately been back in the hospital multiple times.

Today on her blog, Rivka wrote Avigayil is in a “Preemie Power” contest sponsored by Hand to Hold, an organization “that works to raise awareness and support of preemies.” If Avigayil wins, Shaare Zedek will receive additions to their NICU resource library. Avigayil is apparently the only baby from Israel in the contest.

The instructions on how to vote are on the blog. You can vote every 24 hours.

Rivka seems like an amazing woman. She’s also started a support group on yahoo for parents of preemies in Israel. More info on her blog if it’d be relevant to you or people you know. Please pass the voting info on to everyone you know!

Avigayil could certainly use your prayers as well. She’s Avigayil bas Rivka Batya.

relish

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 6:46 pm
Voted. How can you see who's in the lead?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:02 pm
wow! my son was also born at 33 weeks and weighed 3 pounds, 11 ounces. He was out o the nicu in 13 days and didnt have any issues, bh. I'm sad that her child is struggling so much!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:34 pm
Voted! That baby is divine bli ayin hara Smile

m in Israel

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 12:10 am
I voted, too.

BTW, Rivka is a poster on this site as well.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:15 am
bump

chani8

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:47 am
I finally opened this thread and then of course went and voted.

OP should really change the title because I'm probably not the only one who ignored this thread. I really had no interest in helping Shaare Zedek. But helping a 'take your preemie home' program is another thing altogether. A worthy cause indeed!

flmommy

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:51 am
I voted!

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:16 am
I keep voting. she is adorable.

November

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 2:16 pm
Update: this baby needs our tefillot! She is back in hospital with RSV virus and difficulty breathing. Please say a tefillah for Avigayil bat Rivka Batya. If you want more details, check out her blog at thestoryofababy.

November

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 2:17 pm
Update: this baby needs our tefillot! She is back in hospital with RSV virus and difficulty breathing. Please say a tefillah for Avigayil bat Rivka Batya. If you want more details, check out her blog at thestoryofababy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics