Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning dishes after 3 day yom tov - dishwasher non stop

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:12 pm
It's Sunday evening and my kitchen is finally getting back to normal after the 3 day yom tov. I only had guests for 2 meals, but its amazing how much dishes piled up!! Since I have a dishwasher and disposable is $$, I try to use disposable dishes as little as possible. I did two loads in the dishwasher motzie Shabbos and my dishwasher has been running all day long today (load 5 or 6 now?), lost count. Only one load left to still run tonight. And this is with using disposable dishes for at least 2 meals. And my family isn't big, just me, the husband and my son.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
It's Sunday evening and my kitchen is finally getting back to normal after the 3 day yom tov. I only had guests for 2 meals, but its amazing how much dishes piled up!! Since I have a dishwasher and disposable is $$, I try to use disposable dishes as little as possible. I did two loads in the dishwasher motzie Shabbos and my dishwasher has been running all day long today (load 5 or 6 now?), lost count. Only one load left to still run tonight. And this is with using disposable dishes for at least 2 meals. And my family isn't big, just me, the husband and my son.
How do you even have so many dishes Smile
Or is it the pots?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:02 pm
Yes, so ????? Why is this a problem? At least you, unlike many people, have a dishwasher, and unless you're the world's most incredibly inefficient dishwasher loader or your dishwasher is manufactured by Fisher-Price, you must possess an astounding number of place settings if you have enough to run eight loads. So, why don't YOU tell US what your story is? Guests for only 2 meals means nothing--maybe you had 30 guests at each meal and served a nine-course dinner with chargers, finger bowls, and multiple glasses for different kinds of beverages at each place. But again I ask what's the big deal? It's not as if you're washing the dishes by hand. What I'd like to know is where did you put all those dirty dishes over YT? And don't they attract bugs and give off unpleasant odors?

If all this post-YT drudgery really bothers you, get rid of all your dishes except for maybe eight place settings, and wash them between meals on YT. Then all you'll have to do post YT is the dishes from the last meal.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 6:41 am
I don't think I have that many dishes to run so many loads. But I always have 3 or 4 loads after shabbos, less if I wash some pots by hand. And I use paperware for shabbos lunch. My cleaning lady comes on fridays so she washed up all the dishes bh in the middle of yom tov. Also I (or husband) washed up dishes in between meals, whatever we needed, or so kitchen would look tidier.

anotherima

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 7:09 am
So you didn't wash any dishes at all over yom tov? I wash dishes and then use them again.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 8:25 am
Disposables days 1 and 2. The real stuff once Shabbos comes in. Dishwasher Motzei Shabbos. Manageable Cool

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 10:48 am
amother wrote:
Disposables days 1 and 2. The real stuff once Shabbos comes in. Dishwasher Motzei Shabbos. Manageable Cool

Same- and I washed the pots before yom tov so they weren't sitting for three days . I only ran the dishwasher twice after YT, pretty much same as a regular shabbat.

vicki

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:03 am
anotherima wrote:
So you didn't wash any dishes at all over yom tov? I wash dishes and then use them again.

Me too. Having a dishwasher doesn't mean you CAN'T wash dishes by hand to avoid a nightmare at the end of a 3 day yom tov.

saw50st8

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:49 am
vicki wrote:
Me too. Having a dishwasher doesn't mean you CAN'T wash dishes by hand to avoid a nightmare at the end of a 3 day yom tov.

I washed a ton of dishes over yom tov and still had 4 loads in the dishwasher after!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry