Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Binyan blocks
1  2  3  4  Next

Deep

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:10 pm
Are they good quality or Chinese junk? Tia!

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:19 pm
They are awful!!! My kids were so disappointed. The blocks are hard to click into place and the thing falls apart from the pressure of trying to assemble it. It costs a fortune. Skip it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:22 pm
I'd love to just buy the mentchies but they only sell sets with blocks. Maybe I could make some with a 3-D printer.

chaya35

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:24 pm
My sister has 2 different sets. She said one is great and the other isn't.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:34 pm
chaya35 wrote:
My sister has 2 different sets. She said one is great and the other isn't.

Which one does she like?

chaya35

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:35 pm
I think the shul.

ahuvaw1

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 12:44 pm
Dear watergirl / deep / rubber ducky / chaya35

Binyan Blocks constantly strives to improve itself. Case in point is the shul. Last year, we released an updated version that had a stronger base.

We state on the box that our products are for ages 6 and over and that is a general assessment. There are some products that take more skill in assembling than others, just like with other building toys. There is also the skill level of the child. Some 12 year olds may not have the building skills of other younger children. We have received dozens of ecstatic emails from mothers of happy children but every opinion matters.

We would like to know which product you felt was not working well for you. Please send us a description of the issue and the age of your child. The blocks are actually really good quality, though some model are easier to put together than others. We will send you a free binyan blocks item for your cooperation.

The cost of our items are in line with other compatible building blocks brands. Typically there is a premium for Jewish themed toys for many reasons, but we kept the prices as affordable as possible.

We also sell menchies. A set of 3 for about $4.99
Currently we are selling 3 different sets but will be adding more over the next 6 months.

Thank You
Ahuva Weinberger / VP Customer Care

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:12 pm
Thank you for responding. Where can I buy the menchies?

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:53 pm
I have the shul but its not as good as lego. they are hard to work with dc is 6. I ialso tried to work with the pieces and I had a hard time.

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:01 pm
to ahuva weinberger what should I do to get a binyan product for the shul pieces that are even hard for me? you say its improved can I have one of those?

ahuvaw1

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:39 pm
You can find them in most Judaica stores or Jewish Toy Stores across the country.

You can find more information at www.binyanblocks.com. Our prices may be a bit higher than the retail stores.

To sourstix: the upgrade was a double/stronger floor base. it does not contain new pieces.
The shul has many small pieces, hence it is harder to assemble or take apart.
A 6 yr old may need some guidance

What I will do for these 5 users (if you like)

watergirl / deep / rubber ducky / chaya35 / sourstix

please send your username/address to aw@jmwtoys.com. do not post it in a reply
we will send each of you a "rescue car" and a set of "menchies" figure set.

This is a pretty simple set to assemble and the figures are adorable.

Ahuva

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 3:47 pm
Wow! Thank you! Email sent.

sourstix

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:25 am
thank you so much!!! sorry I have a policy of not giving out personal details. so I guess I wont join. but if you have a place I can pick it up where I live in brooklyn I would appreciate that. if its too complicated then forget it. I did buy other products from binyan hope they will be easier to use though. thank you anyway

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 10:48 am
I emailed you.

Wishing you much hatzlacha with Binyan Blocks!

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 11:05 am
Binyan Blocks apparently has received several emails from Rubber Ducky impostors and has asked me to confirm that I really am me! Not good for shidduchim...

I am the real Rubber Ducky — [identifying information excised].

Edited to remove proof that I am me!

Last edited by Rubber Ducky on Fri, Oct 24 2014, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 11:36 am
Do you replace missing pieces? We got the Sukkah and misplaced one panel.

ahuvaw1

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 12:19 pm
sourstix: Same dilemma here. If I posted an address in brooklyn online I would have a line trailing down the block yelling "sourstix".

Cookie Monster: generally we would send out replacements for pcs that broke or missing.
B'H we have not had too many incidents. I would suggest that you send an email to info@jmwtoys with the description of the items you misplaced and they just might send it to you.

AW

sourstix

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 12:28 pm
ahuva I got you thax anyway

Tova

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:57 pm
ahuvaw1 - my son has the shul set. My beef with that is that the box said it included 10 mentchies, which it did, but 2 are women! So there are 8 men and 2 women. A minyan is 10 men! It would be nice to have 10 men...he also found it hard to put together (at age 7). He can easily put together any lego brand ages 5-12 set, but this he struggled and it took several nights and a bit of parental help.

Tova

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:58 pm
I'm disappointed to hear that other posters got in touch with ahuva claiming to be the posters she mentioned that she would send freebies to. Not cool and surprising.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics