Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Binyan blocks
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ahuvaw1

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 9:18 am
There is currently a beautiful aleph bais train that is compatible with Duplo.
Have a sweet and playful year.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 02 2016, 5:02 am
Good to know! they're all the rage here now and so expensive!

ahuvaw1

Post Sun, Oct 02 2016, 2:47 pm
Not really that expensive. A comparable A-B-C version without a bucket (Which makes cleaning up much more convenient) by duplo goes for 40 dollars

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 02 2016, 4:02 pm
I find that in general the MSRP of Jewish and regular toys are comparable, but the non-specific ones go on sale much more especially as they age.

ahuvaw1

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 9:46 pm
I am not sure where you are getting these facts.
The Jewish items tend to cost more because they are not developed in as large quantities. We tried to stay comparable at a loss. Also toys that are a hit do not go down in value. It is not like an old CD that goes on sale.

Please realize that it takes anyone 2 minutes to write something negative to ruin someone's reputation.

working hard

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 10:31 pm
I have the Shabbos table. I actually enjoyed putting it together myself and then I hid it for when my kids are older.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:04 pm
I don't see how that very general observation is ruining anyone's reputation. I'm describing trends I see as a consumer. Someone mentioned expense, to which you replied that the cost was comparable, which led me to note that while base prices are comparable, sales can be hard to come by. Someone who is looking for Jewish-themed products should expect to pay more for the specialty of it, which makes perfect sense but yes I am pretty sure it's a fact. It's not uncommon to find Amazon sales around 40% off Lego/Duplo, or Toys R Us coupons for some percentage off the current going prices, etc. As you said, this is natural given the economies of scale on those companies' side, but it's a fact of life.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:15 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't see how that very general observation is ruining anyone's reputation. I'm describing trends I see as a consumer. Someone mentioned expense, to which you replied that the cost was comparable, which led me to note that while base prices are comparable, sales can be hard to come by. Someone who is looking for Jewish-themed products should expect to pay more for the specialty of it, which makes perfect sense but yes I am pretty sure it's a fact. It's not uncommon to find Amazon sales around 40% off Lego/Duplo, or Toys R Us coupons for some percentage off the current going prices, etc. As you said, this is natural given the economies of scale on those companies' side, but it's a fact of life.

Toys 4 U and Eichler's tend to go about 20% off once or twice a year (for Brooklyn vicinity customers). Maybe wait until then to purchase your Binyan blocks? Eichler's sale is usually a week after Chanukah and Toys 4 U is usually during the summer when people are away.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:19 pm
I have no complaints and I'm not in the market for these blocks, I'm just responding to the claim that my assessment of general product pricing based on what I've seen around is going to ruin someone's business. I'd delete my post if that's true but I'm skeptical.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:28 pm
seeker wrote:
I have no complaints and I'm not in the market for these blocks, I'm just responding to the claim that my assessment of general product pricing based on what I've seen around is going to ruin someone's business. I'd delete my post if that's true but I'm skeptical.

I quoted you since you referred to the fact that it doesn't go on sale, but my goal was to inform Imamothers following this thread when they can purchase Binyan Blocks at a discount; I didn't mean you specifically.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:36 pm
I have always seen toys for you have a 13 percent sale but never 20 percent. How do you Find out about the sale?

Also I have found by these sales for some reason the good toys are out of stock that week like manga tiles.

For three years already manga tiles was out of stock the whole week of their sale.

I don't know about Binyan blocks bec honestly
I have no interest in buying it and will only stick with real Lego.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
I have always seen toys for you have a 13 percent sale but never 20 percent. How do you Find out about the sale?

Also I have found by these sales for some reason the good toys are out of stock that week like manga tiles.

For three years already manga tiles was out of stock the whole week of their sale.

I think it's more like 17-18% off. I think the first year it was 20% off. Lol about the MagnaTiles being out of stock. Seems to me that they took it off the shelves for the duration of the sale....

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:

They just had twenty percent off the entire store at the end of August.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Oct 04 2016, 11:50 pm
And what about us OOTners?

zelda

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:42 pm
I didn't read this whole post but my son was super excited about getting Binyan blocks and his grandfather got him the school bus for his birthday. He turned 9 but he wasn't able to put the set together. He has been putting Lego sets together since he was 5 years old and can follow directions easily. When I tried to find out why he couldn't do it he seemed to say it was a combination of not clear directions and the pieces falling apart while trying to build them. If the customer service rep is still following this thread please let me know what you suggest. Thanks.

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 11:04 pm
I don't see the wisdom in taking a popular toy off the shelves during a sale. A sale is when you get the most store traffic so it's a good time to have a full stock. If you don't want to sell that product at a loss, you can print exclusions on the sale. Just please not the way Buy Buy Baby does - you know, they give out those 20% off coupons but then if you read the fine print it excludes pretty much everything worth buying.

If it was actually the magna tiles that were advertised on the sale and then they don't carry them, that could be a legal issue.

Magenta amother, OOTers should post on imamother looking for some kindly soul to pick it up in Brooklyn and send it Wink

Zelda you should really contact customer service directly.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 2:47 pm
Just noticed that Toys 4 U is advertising a 10% off sale on building blocks. I assume that includes Binyan Blocks, and the illustration shows a child playing with MagnaTiles, so it includes that too.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 2:49 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't see the wisdom in taking a popular toy off the shelves during a sale. A sale is when you get the most store traffic so it's a good time to have a full stock. If you don't want to sell that product at a loss, you can print exclusions on the sale. Just please not the way Buy Buy Baby does - you know, they give out those 20% off coupons but then if you read the fine print it excludes pretty much everything worth buying.

If it was actually the magna tiles that were advertised on the sale and then they don't carry them, that could be a legal issue.

Magenta amother, OOTers should post on imamother looking for some kindly soul to pick it up in Brooklyn and send it Wink

Zelda you should really contact customer service directly.

If I'm not mistaken, Gap.com used to do that. They would have a 40% promo on their website, but remove all outerwear (or at least the ones worth buying). Now, they leave everything on the site, but the promo code excludes outerwear.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:32 pm
full disclaimer: I've never seen these or any binyan blocks in person but in case anyone is interested there is a sukkos set of binyan blocks

https://www.amazon.com/Judaica.....f04d0

https://bargainboutiquedeals.com/

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:03 am
Their sets are so junky. They've had plenty of time to up their game. I won't buy them anymore.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics