Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Feeling extremely sad...

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:17 pm
My 8 yr old son is a highly sensitive child. We have been to therapists and I've read hundreds of books on this topic. Parenting him is a FULL time job. Just need some chizuck from other mommies. We were away 2nd days and I feel like it set my son back so badly. We were by my sister and my son and her son (same age) just couldn't get into a groove. They used to play so nicely but now my nephew is a "typical" boy wanting to play sports and my son would rather sit inside and play pretend with mentchies. If my son was a happy go lucky kid I wouldn't be sad. But my son was so sad he had no one to play with. A bunch of kids were having a baseball game outside and he refused to play even if we stayed with him. He has 0 interest in sports. He was also basically on a starvation diet for 3 days since he wouldn't eat anything. I always pack my own food for him but bh with 4 other children I can't give him all my attention especially when it's not my home. I am just sad bec I don't want my son to feel sad. Just venting ....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)