Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Too noisy. (2nd grader)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:20 am
She was tested and has high intelligence, high visual skills, and her auditory is normal but low 'for her' according to the psychologist.

The problem is noise. Noise bothers her. The classroom is noisy. What am I supposed to do about that???

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 4:37 am
OP again. This child came home sick from school on her first day back after the holidays, because the class was so noisy that she got a headache from it.

What should I do? Which expert can help us with this??

studying_torah

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 4:41 am
My dd also has this issue sometimes, no idea what to do bec schools do get noisy. Always feel so bad when she comes home w a headache from the noise.

flmommy

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 4:42 am
Hmm it seems like you already had her tested for anything abnormal. If it really affects her so much I guess there are two approaches, one you force her to deal with it or two you try to ease the noise. Is there a school with smaller classes or is home school an option for this child?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 4:49 am
flmommy wrote:
Hmm it seems like you already had her tested for anything abnormal. If it really affects her so much I guess there are two approaches, one you force her to deal with it or two you try to ease the noise. Is there a school with smaller classes or is home school an option for this child?

Op here. I hope this doesn't turn into a homeschool by default because of too much missed school.

Would that test have shown auditory processing problems? I think she has trouble filtering out which noise to listen to, so it floods her. And she can't seem to think when there is too much noise.

flmommy

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:13 am
I don't know about test maybe ask the doctor who did it? Other then time and expense maybe have her tested again for that specifically. Good luck it has got to be frustrating. Are you positive she isn't being picked on and just complaining about a headache to come home?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:20 am
Have you ready about "Highly Sensitive People"? or "Highly Sensitive Children"?

http://www.hsperson.com/books/.....hild/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics