Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Afraid of Dropping Baby

Elanachka91

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:32 pm
I'm not sure if this is just me, but as my baby has gotten a bit bigger I am constantly worried about taking him out of the tub after bath time because he is very slippery and tends to squirm. Is there a product out there that you guys use to lift babies out of the tub? if not what do you recommend? I am nervous because my husband works very late and I am often bathing the baby with no one in the house.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:37 pm
Elanachka91 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is just me, but as my baby has gotten a bit bigger I am constantly worried about taking him out of the tub after bath time because he is very slippery and tends to squirm. Is there a product out there that you guys use to lift babies out of the tub? if not what do you recommend? I am nervous because my husband works very late and I am often bathing the baby with no one in the house.

I have the same fear as you, and therefore I do something that I am embarrassed to admit: I only bathe my baby once a week (he si 4 months old) only on friday afternoon when my husband is home embarrassed

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:37 pm
I put a towel under the baby to prevent slipping and then use that to grip the baby

momX4

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:56 pm
amother wrote:
I have the same fear as you, and therefore I do something that I am embarrassed to admit: I only bathe my baby once a week (he si 4 months old) only on friday afternoon when my husband is home embarrassed

You can use a baby bath on the kitchen counter if your bathroom counter is to small. I used it even when my babies were sitting already.

mema613

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:13 pm
This goes back more than 25 yrs but I think I remrmber sponge bathing the baby every day with the baby being on the changing table. I would leave baby in crib then get a bucket of luke warm water with baby soap and towels and cloths. Put baby on changing table with towel underneath and sponge bath.

Elanachka91

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:21 pm
[b] It was fine when he was five months old to do it in a baby bath but now that he is getting bigger I bathe him in a little seat in the large tub, however when it comes time to lift him out he is so slippery. Our tub is quite high and getting him over makes me so nervous. I am even contemplating putting his bath chair in a laundry basket and that into the tub and lifting him out like that Confused Is that crazy??

spring13

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:22 pm
Spread out a bath towel on the floor or counter. Use a smaller one to pick up the baby in the tub (it will get wet) and place him on the big one, then toss it aside and wrap him quickly.

Sweety19

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:57 pm
http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk.....b3587
This towel is supposed to help. I'm not sure if it actually does though.

SingALong

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 8:13 pm
My 7th month old has gotten very squirmy lately...I'm afraid of him jumping off my lap.

I bathe him in a regular bathtub, he lays on his stomache in 2 inches of water and plays with toys. I put him on his back to wash him. I sit on a stool near the bath. When I'm ready to take him out, I drape a towel on my lap and over my shoulder. I lift him onto my lap and wrap with towel. Then I get up with him and bring him to his changing table. Works for me so far.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics