Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Avalanche of papers....

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:11 am
I am not sure if this is an organization or a budgeting question... But basically I have tons of papers. I am trying to get rid of the ones that I don't need (slow going...) but there are so many I do need to keep for a future date (like for taxes, they are important papers like insurance, or work projects I did in the past that I know I will reference in the future... )
What is an efficient but cheap way to organize and store them? File cabinets are so pricey! Anyone know of cheaper alternatives or a cheap place to get one or just a better way to store my papers??
Thanks!

bnm

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:19 am
I have a big plastic file box with dividers and it all is supposed to go in there. important papers, EI forms and stuff per kid, receipts, user manuals etc etc

chani8

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:32 am
A cardboard box. Wink

SingALong

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:07 am
Can u scan them into a computer and save them electronically? Then u can throw out all the papers besides the ones u need originals of

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:08 am
chani8 wrote:
A cardboard box. Wink

How do you get the files to stand upright? The work stuff is already in files and the important documents I would want to put in files... I can imagine a box turning into a huge mess. Any tips?

Simple1

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:20 pm
You can buy plastic file boxes which are made the right size for file folders to hang from. It works just like file drawers, just a lot cheaper. I think they also sell plastic filing cabinets which are cheaper than real office furniture. Check out stores such as walmart.

Dev80

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:33 pm
bnm wrote:
I have a big plastic file box with dividers and it all is supposed to go in there. important papers, EI forms and stuff per kid, receipts, user manuals etc etc

Can you send a picture/link of this?

The system I use now is binders with plastic sheet protectors as folders and actual folders for bigger stuff and everything is labeled but I bought sort of cheap binders so I don't know if I should invest in new binders or find a new system. Papers are also the area that I need help in!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:31 pm
Simple1 wrote:
You can buy plastic file boxes which are made the right size for file folders to hang from. It works just like file drawers, just a lot cheaper. I think they also sell plastic filing cabinets which are cheaper than real office furniture. Check out stores such as walmart.

Where else besides Walmart would sell them? I don't live near there... Thanks!

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
Where else besides Walmart would sell them? I don't live near there... Thanks!

Staples
Office Max
Target
anything .com!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics