Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Have you ever found bugs in your spice jars?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 6:59 pm
I found it crawling on my chicken Montreal chicken seasoning-you never know how long the grocer had it. All foods if they're older or stored in warm places can get bugs. I use my reading glasses have my spotlights on when working in the kitchen

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 4:39 am
I once opened a factory sealed container of Osem chicken soup mix, and had a moth fly out. She must have been pregnant, because that was two years ago, and I haven't been able to get rid of the infestation yet. Mad No matter how hard I clean, and throw out anything with bugs, I'm just barely holding them in check.

Pantry moths are EVIL!!!

Frumdoc

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 4:56 am
Isn't it the bugs that give it that edgy gormet taste?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ;-)

(Never found bugs, but I keep my spices in a cooler area of the kitchen and live in a temperate climate.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 6:59 am
I’m dealing with spice jar bugs right now. I don’t freak out about it. It’s one of those things, like rice, that sometimes has something or other in it. I just toss and replace and check all the other jars and area.

The only really disgusting thing happened when I was shaking some paprika on an egg I was frying and it turned into an entomology project.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 8:04 am
I just noticed the site now adds this thing that says “recipe” in the bottom of the post. Does anybody want my recipe for eggs with bugs?

ElTam

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 10:51 am
More protein that way! ;-)

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 4:18 pm
I'm thinking that we really need a "hug" feature in this forum!

Puke Hug
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen