Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Still don't have a stroller, plz help me choose
Previous  1  2  3

spring13

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
This thread has a lot of good information! I have the uppa baby vista and it's ok. Any advice on jogging/umbrella strollers? Id love one that could serve as both.

The closest you could come would be something like a City Mini GT, a Phil and Teds Dot, or a Mountain Buggy Swift. Those are all relatively lightweight jogging strollers. Not as forest-friendly as, say a Bob Ironman, but about as all-purpose as you can get.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:09 pm
spring13 wrote:
The closest you could come would be something like a City Mini GT, a Phil and Teds Dot, or a Mountain Buggy Swift. Those are all relatively lightweight jogging strollers. Not as forest-friendly as, say a Bob Ironman, but about as all-purpose as you can get.

Have you actually jogged with any of those? I don't see how it's possible...

spring13

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:00 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Have you actually jogged with any of those? I don't see how it's possible...

If you're looking for some kind of compromise in terms of weight and function, these are ok choices. Obviously they're not proper jogging strollers. But if you can lock the front wheel or manage walking a simple dirt path, that might be all the OP ends up needing, for casual use. For someone who's a serious runner or spends a lot of time on rough terrain, it's probably worth the sacrifice in weight and bulk to get the real thing.

I have a Phil and Teds Explorer because I think all-terrain gives a smoother ride in general, even though I don't really run with it.

willow

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:24 am
Ridiculous but I am almost at the end and still can't make up my mind. There are so many reviews so many options and nothing has it all. I am now thinking of Upperbaby cruz or vista. There seems to be this new line in Isreal called the blueberry and also joie' Both of them have no reviews. The most important is reversible, High handle height, decent basket, Good wheels for all terrain, closing and of course sun cover.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:32 am
If those are your criteria I would go with vista or baby jogger versa with gt wheels.

willow

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:40 am
My concern with vista is that it is very wide. What is difference with uppababy vista and baby jogger versa?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:06 am
Vista is definitely quite a bit wider than most strollers. But it comes with a bassinet and looks much nicer than the versa IMO.

willow

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:21 am
making myself crazy came across the britex

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:27 am
willow wrote:
making myself crazy came across the britex

I think its the same width as vista.

Last edited by MaBelleVie on Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:31 am
If it's between cruz and vista, I'd go with cruz, since it's not as wide (I've seen people struggle to get their vistas down store aisles etc.).
But it doesn't have a bassinet, keep in mind.

willow

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:09 am
it does come with bassinet. Is the britex better then the cruz?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:10 am
s/1 mentioned the Koelstra.
do you have it?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:20 am
willow wrote:
it does come with bassinet. Is the britex better then the cruz?

Cruz bassinet has to be purchased separately. Britax better in what way?

HappyMom5

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:28 am
You might want to check the Urbini Omni from walmart. The bassinet turns into the stroller so you do not need to store the bassinet when you do not need it anymore. The seat can be front facing and facing outward. It also comes with a car seat that can be put on the carriage.

All for $199 and you get a choice of colors!! You can have the option of not getting the car seat and it will be about 150.

The only downside is is that it does not have air tires so if you need a carriage to go over tree roots and other bumpy stuff it might not work.

This carriage has great reviews.

Hope this helps!

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:29 am
I would not recommend the omni for Israel. It will not handle the terrain and will get beat up very quickly.

musicmom

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:35 am
We are still using the city select! It is great to be able to snap the carseat in and out of it!!! Those wheels can go through any weather and fit through any doorway. That company has great customer service and replaces anything that causes problems with proof of purchase. Bassinet and boogie board are cute extras. Seats are versatile and go in any direction.

Valco trimode is still my fav but seats are stationary. I got a brand new looking one on Craigslist that has really held up, so I highly recommend checking out CL. My "posse" includes 4, so I have one walk, and push 3, since I purchased the Joey seat. I like that this seat comes off if I only want to push 2. This stroller is so lightweight and fits through all the doorways. Not quite as indestructible as the city select or as versatile but it is not heavy or huge and it holds more kids.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics