Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Speaking of lice...

Ashrei

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:16 am
I remember when I was little and I had lice. My grandmother got some shampoo called RID, which came with a special comb, followed the instructions, and that was pretty much the last of it.

After moving to Brooklyn, becoming a mother, I suddenly hear of a whole industry that takes care of this. When I first heard the term "Professional Nit Checker," I was like, wha-? Couldn't I just call myself a professional nit checker, buy some RID, and have a career?

I'm thinking... lice have really mutated. Or perhaps the nature of the city (I grew up in the suburbs) and close quarters makes it harder to get rid of them... Or maybe it's the large family phenomenon that makes it so much more difficult.

B'h, so far so good with us, but what do the professionals do that's different from Grandma?

Just wondering.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 12:44 pm
Unfortunately they HAVE mutated. RID is worthless these days Sad

Classicookie

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 1:13 pm
Rid is not the safest thing to use and does not always work because the lice build immunity to rid. the the professional cleaners pick it all out its a very titious job I've done it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics