Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Inquiry for dentists and dentists wives

proudmom8

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:45 am
Hi, my husband is looking to go to school for a profession. We have been thinking about dentistry but don't know anything about it.
How long is the schooling? Is it very demanding and difficult? Is it a well paying profession? Is the schooling very expensive? Is it easy to find jobs in the ny nj area? Are you/your spouse happy in the profession? Any other helpful information you can share would also be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much for your help in this big decision!

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 11:51 am
Depending on where you live the pay is entirely different. Dentists do not make so much money, but if your husband is great and wants to focus on solely making beautiful veneers for the extremely wealthy he can do well. He should also aim to purchase a practice from someone who is moving or aging, because he would acquire many new clients. He will have to work to keep them, and he should not take younger hygienists at the expense of his patients to save money. He should use a good lab too. I'm not a dentist, but my mother is. NY does not have many fabulous cosmetic dentists that make nice veneers (there is one who even travels in every Monday from CA) so there is a lot of potential here, but I'm not sure if your husband is interested in that. It would be great if he were if he hooked himself up to someone like Kevin Sans (not in NY) who is known for his lumineers and veneers thereby making a name for himself. There is also a lot of cash in this business: savings for those without insurance, if he chooses to accept insurance at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics