Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What is your favorite diaper rash remedy?
1  2  Next

Balmex  
 10%  [ 9 ]
Desitin  
 28%  [ 26 ]
Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Boudreaux's Butt Paste  
 7%  [ 7 ]
Baby Butz  
 0%  [ 0 ]
California Baby Calming Diaper Rash Cream  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Triple Paste Medicated Ointment  
 17%  [ 16 ]
Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment  
 0%  [ 0 ]
A&D  
 8%  [ 8 ]
Other.  
 22%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 90

MrsDash

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:37 pm

Please use the comment section to specify whether you used ointment, cream, etc, and to explain why that product works best for your baby.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:42 pm
Lanolin nipple cream. embarrassed
It's a real strong barrier cream and works a charm.

dr. pepper

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:47 pm
I am partial to a cream I used in Israel. Inotel. It's like glue!
When I run out here, I alternate between triple paste and butt past.
My recent bout with a rash had me making a paste of corn starch and triple paste....it was that bad.

Debbig

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 3:13 pm
I use a paste I make out of olive oil and corn starch. It's amazing!!

lacey27

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 3:24 pm
My baby had a terrible rash for along time, it wouldn't go away with all the creams I was trying until someone suggested that I put my baby in a bath with a little vinegar (I was nervous it would burn but it didn't) and then blow it dry with a blow dryer on warm. It literally cleared up the next day.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 3:28 pm
Bubbie here, and the baby is 19, but this is what worked for me. I put them into very loose cloth diapers, keeping a waterproof pad under them in the crib. Of course, this is more challenging when they're older & moving around, and you do have to keep changing frequently - which is maybe the point! But the other thing is the cloth allows the skin to breathe, which disposables don't.

Of course, you modern Moms probably don't own a cloth diaper (maybe the six the mohel told you to supply?) or if you did they are used for burp cloths...

glamourmom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 3:28 pm
french or european green clay (its powder) or green powder. from health food store. sometimes works like a charm sometimes takes a few days.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 3:57 pm
APNO

mandr

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 4:03 pm
It's also important to find the root of the problem. Is the diaper rash a result of a diaper left on for too long? A medication side effect? A yeast infection? Etc.

That said, my baby only has diaper rash when he's on an antibiotics and it's not that bad so I just use Desitin Max Strength for a day or two and it clears up fine.

When my baby was really young and would still have dirty diapers at night, I used to coat his diaper area with baby oil right after the bath (before bed) and like this, in case he had a dirty diaper at night and I didn't get to change it right away, it wouldn't eat into his skin. Besides, I LOVE the smell of baby oil!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 4:40 pm
I was actually told by a doctor to use a liquid antacid (apply with cotton balls) and then cover with desitin. (To help keep the antacid on). I had thought it was just a bad diaper rash but I am glad the doc pointed it out! Many breast fed babies have acidic diapers which can burn. Not sure if formulas can do the same-I just breast feed...
But when that cleared up, I just use desitin and it works... I like the max cream variety, not the jelly type.

Anon as it's kind of a weird treatment and people who know me know I carried antacid in my diaper bag every so often! (For a while whenever it wasn't shabbos/y"t as I didn't know when it would crop up and it was so painful to DC!)

sheifelah

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 5:06 pm
I use coconut oil. Works for my baby Smile

supty

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 5:14 pm
I've found that the best solution is just to let him sit in clear bath water for a while and then leave him without a diaper for as long as possible...

As far as products- I use coconut oil or sometimes butt paste. If I think the rash might be yeast related I apply powder probiotics directly to the rash and it's usually gone by morning Smile

chanee

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 5:52 pm
I spray olive oil I pured into a little bottle I got from the bargain store then Johnson's baby powder or regular corn starch

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 5:56 pm
supty wrote:
I've found that the best solution is just to let him sit in clear bath water for a while and then leave him without a diaper for as long as possible...

As far as products- I use coconut oil or sometimes butt paste. If I think the rash might be yeast related I apply powder probiotics directly to the rash and it's usually gone by morning Smile

What are powder probiotics? I never heard of that and am intrigued.

imokay

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:20 pm
Assuming it's not a yeast infection, I make a mixture of zinc oxide (most diaper creams have this ingredient), mylanta and aveeno moisturizer. It really works like magic.

pause

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:32 pm
I use a baby diaper cream from Weleda. It works on all kinds of rashes including yeast

pause

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:35 pm
yogabird wrote:

I'm assuming the poster meant probiotic in powder form. There are many kinds. You can simply open the capsule of any acidophilus or probiotic- I use MegaFloraPlus - and sprinkle it onto the rash.

(With a nursing baby who may have thrush in the mouth, you can also put a few "crumbs" directly into the baby's mouth right before breastfeeding.)

muffintop

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:44 pm
My baby suffered from terrible, chronic diaper rashes, I tried everything out there but what really cleared him up and kept him clear was probiotic vitamins given with the bottle or in applesauce

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:54 pm
Balmex with Ammens medicated powder on top always worked for my kids. Olive Gold sold in the health food stores amazing for skin problems blisters in the mouth etc. You can try it for the diaper rash natural even edible

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 8:57 pm
yogabird wrote:

It's probiotics I'm a powder form made for children- you can dissolve it into formula or any liquid, or even baby cereal. Someone recommended to me to use it on my son's diaper rash, and it really worked well. You can usually get it in any health food store.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics