Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
1lb fresh spinach =? frozen spinach and do I need to cook it

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 4:08 pm
recipe calls for 1lb fresh spinach? for kashrus reasons I only use frozen so how much spinach do I need?
recipe says to cook spinach in a small amount of water and then drain it. but frozen spinach comes with water so can I skip this step of cooking it? the kugel will anyway be baked.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 5:12 pm
amother wrote:
recipe calls for 1lb fresh spinach? for kashrus reasons I only use frozen so how much spinach do I need?
recipe says to cook spinach in a small amount of water and then drain it. but frozen spinach comes with water so can I skip this step of cooking it? the kugel will anyway be baked.
Use a 1 lb. bag of frozen chopped spinach. Defrost. Squeeze out water. Use as directed in your kugel.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 6:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Use a 1 lb. bag of frozen chopped spinach. Defrost. Squeeze out water. Use as directed in your kugel.

so you think I still have to cook the spinach?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
so you think I still have to cook the spinach?
No, you do not have to cook it.
I should have written it a little clearer. What I meant was. "Then add it to the kugel as directed in the recipe."

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 7:26 pm
thank you ramom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen