Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Religious Jewish Housekeeper - What do you think?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
it's called a "[gentile woman]" which simply means a female non jew.

I did not ask for the word's definition.

little_mage

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:50 am
octopus wrote:
I am totally loving this! It makes me feel so good that my sahm days really shoulda earned me a hefty salary!!

A couple of years ago, I found an article online calculating how much a SAHM would cost if you paid her the going rate for al lthe various jobs involved (chef, maid, nanny). It came to about $100,000/year. It makes me feel much better when I start getting depressed and feeling like I'm not contributing. Sorry, for the off topic...

Fox

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 12:13 pm
little_mage wrote:
A couple of years ago, I found an article online calculating how much a SAHM would cost if you paid her the going rate for al lthe various jobs involved (chef, maid, nanny). It came to about $100,000/year. It makes me feel much better when I start getting depressed and feeling like I'm not contributing. Sorry, for the off topic...

I think this is important not only for SAHMs, but also for WAHMs, and WSEMs (work-somewhere-else-moms? I can't seem to remember the description or the acronym).

How many people with $100,000 salaries also work an additional full-time or even part-time job. Yet that's the position that many of us are in. If someone in that position posted on Imamother, saying, "I'm not doing everything as well as I could at my $100,000 job because I'm worn out from my other full-time or part-time job," we'd all call her crazier than a rat in a can and tell her to quit her extra jobs.

But we're often happy to tell a woman working in a salaried job that, were she just better organized, she could easily do the $100,000 job along with her "additional" employment.

This is a societal problem, and not just a Jewish one, but I feel like too often it results in tips on cleaning toilets rather than planning a much-needed revolution.

marina

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 12:24 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I would like to know what you felt the bolded word added to your post.

I'm sure she meant goiters.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics