Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Kitchen design layout
Previous  1  2

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:23 pm
What does 60/40 mean? What is the total width of the sink? My old one was around 36" & they're isn't room for more than that. In terms of budget, I believe I spent close to $1,000 almost 25 years ago, so use that as a guideline. Thanks so much for your help.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:27 pm
60/40 is the proportion of the sink, the ratio of one bowl to the other. So one takes up 60% of the total sink and the other takes up 40%. Keep in mind that an undermount is automatically deeper than a topmount because of the depth of the counter, so a 12" topmount is almost the same as a 10" undermount. Would you prefer if I PMed you?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:28 pm
Got it. Yes, PM would be great. Thanks.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
I know about wasted space but I made an informed decision and for my needs I would rather maximize my space in square usable cabinets than put sinks there. Thanks so much for the information!

I have corner sinks and they are very practical for me. We have 2 dishwashers so we don't use our sinks much for dishwashing.

I would go for a 24" cabinet. I think it's much more usable than wasting 3".
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics