Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
When did family feud become so inappropriate?
Previous  1  2

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
do you really think he writes the questions he asks??

Of course not. I didn't mean to imply that he writes the questions. Why is everyone so sensitive about identifying the man as "the black host"? I suppose I could've said the current host, but why is saying the black host derogatory?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
do you really think he writes the questions he asks??

I suggest reading the credits. The show has writers, they write the show. The host is a performer who delivers it to the audience and participants.

sourstix

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 3:46 pm
I happpen to think steve harvey is funny. ok hes a little cheasy too. but brings so muc humor I dont watch him too much I think he goes a little too far with his facial expressions. but hes funny and people like him. no he doesnt make up the questions you could tell hes uncomfortable with some of them. he makes these expresssions for ti.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 5:34 pm
amother wrote:
The same happened to family guy but more extreme. It stated as kind of offensive. Now it's disgustingly extremely inappropriate.

True. Same with it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

I used to be willing to watch them with my husband. Now he watches alone. I absolutely refuse.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 7:23 pm
Elizabeth W wrote:
We r talking about comments & general remarks that were much cleaner then, not if the host kissed the females or not. John O'Hurley is pretty good.

Belated welcome. You did something we don't see very often and that is successfully revive an old thread. Usually, if you see an old thread you want to comment on, it's good to do a spinoff with some salient snips. I guess this thread is so short - and evidently interesting to so many - that no one minds Tongue Out

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 1:10 am
amother wrote:
I actually love him! Dh and I watch him all the time!

I watch all the time too--funny and a good show to have on in the background while I'm popping in and out of the room getting things done.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 2:38 am
Richard Dawson who was the original host also asked questions that were filled with s-xual innuendo.

Of course, times have also changed and so popular culture reflects that time. After all when I Love Lucy aired, the couple were showed using twin beds. The d!ck Van Dyke Show was groundbreaking in that it showed a married couple with a double bed which reflected the culture accurately.

I Love Lucy also did not use the word "pregnant" lest the delicate sensibilities of their audience be offended. :-)

And off topic, but when CBS reviewed the pilot script for The Mary Tyler Moore show, they had it switched to a breakup with her boyfriend precipitating her move to Minneapolis rather than her having just gotten a divorce because they assumed the audience was so stupid (er naive) that they would think Laura had divorced Rob from The d!ck Van Dyke Show.

And what a difference a few years makes. That Girl was a show about a "career girl" living on her own in NYC who never had relations with her long term finance whereas Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda quite obviously were having relations with the name they dated on the show.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:38 am
Amarante wrote:
Richard Dawson who was the original host also asked questions that were filled with s-xual innuendo.

Of course, times have also changed and so popular culture reflects that time. After all when I Love Lucy aired, the couple were showed using twin beds. The d!ck Van Dyke Show was groundbreaking in that it showed a married couple with a double bed which reflected the culture accurately.

I Love Lucy also did not use the word "pregnant" lest the delicate sensibilities of their audience be offended. :-)

And off topic, but when CBS reviewed the pilot script for The Mary Tyler Moore show, they had it switched to a breakup with her boyfriend precipitating her move to Minneapolis rather than her having just gotten a divorce because they assumed the audience was so stupid (er naive) that they would think Laura had divorced Rob from The d!ck Van Dyke Show.

And what a difference a few years makes. That Girl was a show about a "career girl" living on her own in NYC who never had relations with her long term finance whereas Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda quite obviously were having relations with the name they dated on the show.

The d!ck van dyke show had two beds. It was more groundbreaking because Mary Tyler Moore wore pants.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 12:20 pm
if you don't like watching tv ~ poke out your eyes or, this one is more difficult, STOP WATCHING

steve harvey is a riot ...

family feud is FUN to guess answers along with them ...

tv then & now ... they show butts, king size beds to roll in the hay, little kids kissing [probably their first kiss on tv with an actress] ... and raunchy [sometimes even homozexual] affairs

if you can't handle the heat ... well [make your own Wink ]

glamourmom

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 12:30 pm
greenfire wrote:
if you don't like watching tv ~ poke out your eyes or, this one is more difficult, STOP WATCHING

steve harvey is a riot ...

family feud is FUN to guess answers along with them ...

tv then & now ... they show butts, king size beds to roll in the hay, little kids kissing [probably their first kiss on tv with an actress] ... and raunchy [sometimes even homozexual] affairs

if you can't handle the heat ... well [make your own Wink ]

you're too funny. love this post. Rolling Laughter

and yea, I love Steve Harvey. just his accent gets me laughing. and his facial expressions... he don't needa say a word.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 1:06 pm
Ratings Ratings Ratings.

Syndicated TV ratings: ‘Family Feud’ ties ‘Judge Judy’ for No. 1 in week of Dec. 5-11

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.c.....2016/

I dont know of anything more relaxing than laughing til I almost pee. Steve Harvey accomplishes that! Hes very talented.

I wouldnt want my Frummie kids or grandkids watching him though. Nor would they want to!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics