Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Business lunch etiquette

bigSmile

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 7:23 pm
I am going out to eat (Mr. Broadway) this week with a manager and co-worker. If I don't finish what I ordered, is it ok to request to have it packed up and take it home? Or is that not done at a business lunch?

Thanks!

OneSource

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 7:25 pm
As a business professional, I have found that it really depends on how much you had a chance to eat. If you just touched your food and the bulk of it is still on your plate, then just ask to have it packed to go. Not a big deal. If you at 2/3rd's of everything, just leave it. If it's a serious, active lunch meeting and you barely touched your food, of course you can take it back to the office to eat later or bring it home.

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 7:54 pm
I sometimes go to business lunches and find that we're all so busy talking that we barely eat. I definitely take it to go. I once had a lunch-interview and took it to go and got the job. So, I guess it's acceptable!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette