Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Magen avos rbs

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:51 am
hi,

is there anyone here who sends to this school and can give me information?

is it like a regular beis yaakov?

thanks

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:09 pm
bump

disneyland

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:25 pm
If you are talking about the school in Israel we might be able to give you some info. on it. We were thinking about moving there and then backed out on it but we learned a lot about schools and the area. There is another very Bais Yaakov school called Bais Yaakov Harama.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:20 pm
my info is 8 years old. Their goal is Kol Tomar (I think) which is the only BY HS that has bagrtot. That would mean they put more emphasis in the secular subjects. I would imagine that some of the fathers wear colored shirts.
But my info is old and no one else responded

5*Mom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:36 pm
Iymnok wrote:
my info is 8 years old. Their goal is Kol Tomar (I think) which is the only BY HS that has bagrtot. That would mean they put more emphasis in the secular subjects. I would imagine that some of the fathers wear colored shirts.
But my info is old and no one else responded

I don't have children in the school but I know that this information is outdated. Their goal was Ko Tomar, but since Ko Tomar has moved much much more to the right, and since Peninei Chen opened up, very few MA girls are accepted (apply?) to Ko Tomar.

You'd have to define what you mean by "regular Beis Yaakov." By American standards? Definitely yes. By Israeli Chareidi standards? Less so.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:37 pm
it is very hard to get into kol tomar from magen avot. they only took 4 girls this year I think.
I think that people who want reg bais yaakov should send to harama and if its too much go to magen avot. you cant switch the other way and if you send to magen avot your stuck.
if you want a bit less than a reg bais yaakov magen avot is a great school. people there love it and its very well run.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:04 pm
What are some of the differences between Magen Avot and Harama? How are the Israeli standards so different than the American ones?

5*Mom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
What are some of the differences between Magen Avot and Harama? How are the Israeli standards so different than the American ones?

Do you live here yet or are you considering/in the process of Aliyah? These are important questions and the answers are not cut and dried. Much of it is perception. Do you know anyone irl who lives in Israel in general, and RBS specifically, who can give you a crash course?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions