Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
When is it time to ask for a raise?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 1:30 pm
I work for an organization but I do my work at home. Without going into details my job isn't highly skilled but definitely highly responsible and confidential and involves tedious time consuming work. I'm wondering what is considered a normal time frame of how often I can ask for a raise. This isn't a contract job so it's not predecided. Any info would be appreciated.

kb

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 1:53 pm
I think as a general rule of thumb, it's normal to ask for a small raise after a year. (And if you wait, you end up with that small raise anyway, just later on!)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 2:01 pm
Thanks for that response. So do you mean yearly or when is the next time after the first year? I've been with them for over 10 years and only got 2 raises in that time span.

kb

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 2:06 pm
I believe yearly is normal. Definitely normal to ask. Doesn't mean they'll always agree, but if you don't ask, you probably won't get a raise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers