Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Master List of Elementary Schools in Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:14 pm
debsey wrote:
Goldhar is a note taking method where they learn to organize information using these "spokes and wheels" graphic organizers. The Bnos Yakov girls are super prepped for high school because of it.

My girls go to Bnos Yaakov, we can't stand the Goldhar method. It makes everything very dry and boring. I hate helping them study for tests because of it.
As far as being prepared for high school, I've heard that before and I personally wouldn't mind if they were a little less prepared. There is so much pressure there and they really learn too much. But, change schools in Lakewood? You wish.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:15 pm
debsey wrote:
From a family member who sends to Bnos Ester Malka- While Mrs. Schorr came from Bnos Yaakov, and cares about academics, with a very good curriculum, the plan is for lower pressure in terms of academics. I think she's going to be copying Mrs. Twerski's warmth and individual focus, but not necessarily all the rigor. My family member's kid is really young, though, so let's see what happens as the years go on.
I think the smartest thing Bnos Yaakov did is teach the girls Goldhar - they are so prepared for High school.

I was eagerly waiting for the day when my girls would reach 8th grade and hopefully have Mrs. Schorr, unfortunately she left before that could happen. She is the most amazing person, she is so warm and caring and really loves every student.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics