Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Spinoff of changing linen - changing towels
1  2  3  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:04 am
How often do you change your towel you use after a shower/bath?

I hada friend who threw it right into the wash after she used it one time. They had no help. But they must have had a LOT of towels.

We use them for about a week or if they begin to smell funny before that.

kalsee

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:06 am
Friday morning I change all the towels around the house,but only if everyone uses their designated towel.
If someone uses someone else's towel I change it right away.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:19 am
I wash them about once a week. Towels are useful for filling up loads that are too small.

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:25 am
Raisin wrote:
I wash them about once a week. Towels are useful for filling up loads that are too small.

Same here.

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:05 am
I wash bath towels after each use and bath mats once a day. I change the hand towels several times a day in the main bath. I wash kitchen hand towels after each meal. If I see a guest not using soap after toileting, I slyly change the towel.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:11 am
Squishy wrote:
I wash bath towels after each use and bath mats once a day. I change the hand towels several times a day in the main bath. I wash kitchen hand towels after each meal. If I see a guest not using soap after toileting, I slyly change the towel.
you must have many many many towels 😊

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:30 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
you must have many many many towels 😊

You wouldn't believe how many and I still wash daily. I had a family member die of strep and we had a big mrsa scare. One of my kids got very sick.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:19 am
I change the kitchen towel once a day, the dishes towel 3 times a week. Bathroom and toilet hand towels twice a week and bath towels 3 times a week cause by the kids I end up using them to clean the wet floor. Bathmats once a week and wash cloths after every use.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:53 am
Quote:
You wouldn't believe how many and I still wash daily. I had a family member die of strep and we had a big mrsa scare. One of my kids got very sick.
My mom had boils at some point (I guess that's a staph infection) and was clearly traumatized by it.

She's been OCD about laundry ever since. Our joke was that anything that got without a foot of the floor wen straight into the laundry. She had piles and piles. All I remember her ever doing was laundry. Not much else.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:13 am
Squishy wrote:

I don't wash bath towels that often. Maybe 2x/week for bath towels.

Laundering towels consumes *a lot* of water (a precious resource here in E"Y) and takes up lots of room in our small Israeli dryer.

Besides, they are used only when we come out of the shower and we are all clean.

Kitchen towels are changed *at least* once/day. More during vacation times when we are in the house more often. We have tons of kitchen towels.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:47 pm
Raisin wrote:

Towels go into a separate load, or they can cause pimpling on your clothes.

rikki!

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:55 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Towels go into a separate load, or they can cause pimpling on your clothes.

I thought so too!

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:56 pm
After each and every use, and since I take at least 2 showers a day, that is a lot of towels. I don't think that changing towels after each use is obsessive or unnecessary. They do get wet.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:10 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
After each and every use, and since I take at least 2 showers a day, that is a lot of towels. I don't think that changing towels after each use is obsessive or unnecessary. They do get wet.

They get wet when you wash them too Tongue Out

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:12 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Scrabble123 wrote:

They get wet when you wash them too Tongue Out
Yes, but I dry my towels in a dryer, and wouldn't exactly put a used one up in a dryer. I don't like the idea of a hanging towel. It just bothers me, but that probably has a lot to do with me and very little to do with anything else!

abaker

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:17 pm
at least once a week...probably more like twice a week. kitchen towels are changed daily as they get used a lot and that wet kitchen towel smell and feel of drying your hands on a soaking wet towel really grosses me out!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:35 pm
I'm going to shock everyone now. Very Happy

My and dh's bath towels get changed once a month or so. But we only take showers once or twice a week. Kids' bath towels get changed every couple of weeks. They take 2-3 baths a week - and they share towels!!

Kitchen towels get changed once a week. More often if they get really gross or dh uses them to wipe spills on the floor. Dish towels once a week also, although I rarely use them so theoretically they could last longer.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:05 pm
Towels (bath or kitchen) get changed about once every week. I wash them with underwear at at least 60 degrees celsius- 40 degrees (~105 fahrenheit, or a normal warm load) is not hot enough to kill most germs.

Although now I may start changing them more often when guests are over- I can't believe how many people don't wash their hands properly after using the bathroom!

Barbara

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
I'm going to shock everyone now. Very Happy

My and dh's bath towels get changed once a month or so. But we only take showers once or twice a week. Kids' bath towels get changed every couple of weeks. They take 2-3 baths a week - and they share towels!!

Kitchen towels get changed once a week. More often if they get really gross or dh uses them to wipe spills on the floor. Dish towels once a week also, although I rarely use them so theoretically they could last longer.

So your son takes a bath, dries his buttocks with a towel, then your daughter uses the same towel to dry her buttocks, which is then used by the first son to towel off his hair?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:32 pm
Barbara wrote:
So your son takes a bath, dries his buttocks with a towel, then your daughter uses the same towel to dry her buttocks, which is then used by the first son to towel off his hair?

im not the poster you quoted but we are talking freshly cleaned buttocks here. LOL

By me each person has their own designated towel or bath robe. I wash it once every couple weeks and even up to a month if I forget. were talking about someone that was just scrubbed and cleaned using it to dry off. I do wash more often if it was left crumbled on the floor instead of hung to dry. (cause then it can start to smell) oh and ppl with long hair have a separate hair towel.

as to other towels in the house- bathroom hand towel gets changed when I wash the bath towels. (again mostly used to dry freshly soaped hands)

kitchen towels are put in the wash every friday and if they are used to clean a spill of something other then water before then. we have a couple designated hand drying towels in the kitchen, which get replaced for shabbos.

I think thats all the towels we use.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics