Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
The mystery of the torn shirt by the elbow...
Previous  1  2

momtra

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:41 pm
My DH had the sane issues with his shirts!
We've never solved the mystery, but now he buys most of his shirts from lands end , because they will take back any damaged clothing and will give you a gift card for the price of the article of clothing.

4Sisters

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:14 pm
My husband ALWAYS gets this. His is a computer guy and spends all day leaning on his left elbow.

noosheen

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:04 am
IT WAS THE TEFILLIN!!

OP here, I think I solved the mystery! (of course, with all your help Smile

This morning my dh came home from shul and I noticed a little fray,just the beginning of what would be a potential tear, at the same place. I asked him to show me exactly how he puts on his tefillin and where on his shirt it gets pulled.

He used to - up until about a year ago - roll up his sleeves and keep them rolled up throughout davening. Afterwards he'd roll down his sleeves and what was left was a creased shirt sleeve. BUT, about a year ago he got a job in a fancy (well fancyish) firm and he felt it was not professional to have one creased shirt sleeve. So he started putting his shirt sleeve OVER his tefillin the whole time. We tested it out this morning and sure enough when the top part of his sleeve is being pulled (now we're talking over & over again over a course of months) the bottom part of the sleeve gets worn. After months and months of pulling, the material gets frayed. and then develops into a tear.

Mystery solved! Now he just has to go to work with a creased shirt. I don't think it's so noticeable. But at least now we know how it happened.

Thank you all for the input. I never would have thought of that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry