Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
OP why do you leave?

acccdac

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:43 am
I think there was a similar thread at some point, but I cant find it

OP (whomever you are, yes I know it means original poster) why do you start a thread, ask questions, and then never come back to answer questions of the other posters?

I can understand when the thread is an inquiry like "which OB do you suggest?
But if you are asking a SB question why would you not respond back?

proudmother1

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:46 am
Maybe because she asked a specific question, but got everything discussed except her issue.
Maybe because she was insulted in the process.
Maybe because she got her answer, and that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to chat about it.

acccdac

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:50 am
proudmother1 wrote:
Maybe because she asked a specific question, but got everything discussed except her issue.
Maybe because she was insulted in the process.
Maybe because she got her answer, and that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to chat about it.

so why not respond with something generic like "read all your answers, gave me food for thought" or "leaving because you're not being respectful", etc.

isnt leaving because you were insulted an immature response?

animeme

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:25 am
Maybe her life is that crazy, that she posts and then cannot get back to her computer for days or longer and by then she's forgotten she posted. Or she is depressed and can't bring herself to get back to do anything. If it's serious SB, she may be afraid of her dh finding out she asked.

I have personally left after feeling insulted for asking the question in the first place, because I didn't want to get into an argument or have to depend myself for that. Many times when people are asking these questions, they are very insecure and sensitive; being told that the answer should be obvious to them or that they've been doing everything wrong for ages, possibly because the community they live in or sect of Yahadus is horrible, can be too much. They aren't feeling strong and assertive- it's easier to just duck out.

Please be careful; the same answer sounds very different depending on how you give it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics