Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Breakfast foods for 1yr old

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:51 am
So my 1 year old doesnt eat much by breakfast. (he eats tons the rest of the day) He usually nurses at some point between 5 and 6 am and then again at 8:30 before we leave the house. but in ther near future I want to consolidate that to I dont have time to feed him things and need it to be something that he can hold and eat himself. he gets fed foods later in the day (like yogurt) when theres more time.

I have tried giving him cereal (a few diff types, in the bowl or on a tray, with some milk or plain) and he doesnt eat more then one or two pieces. he usually has a slice of cheese.

what other foods can I offer him? in general he eats just about anything... except cereal apparently LOL

ty!

Esther23

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:18 pm
My baby (20 months) loves avocado. I try to shmear it on bread/rice cake but he loves it just cut in wedges and he eats it out of the peel like that. Simple quick and very nutritious for babies.
Also you could keep hard / medium boiled eggs ready in the fridge (you could cook it up once a week) and thats also real easy, just slice it and he could also eat it himself.
If you have time bake a batch of healthy oatmeal muffins to keep in the freezer, then defrost one the night before or put into toaster.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:22 pm
My friend serves her baby some of the following:
Scrambled Eggs
Cottage Cheese and fruit
You can put the cereal in applesauce or yogurt
Bread and cream cheese/grilled cheese/avocado/hummus

buster

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:24 pm
http://morequicheplease.com/20.....fins/

http://morequicheplease.com/20.....akes/

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:31 pm
Esther23 wrote:
My baby (20 months) loves avocado. I try to shmear it on bread/rice cake but he loves it just cut in wedges and he eats it out of the peel like that. Simple quick and very nutritious for babies.
Also you could keep hard / medium boiled eggs ready in the fridge (you could cook it up once a week) and thats also real easy, just slice it and he could also eat it himself.
If you have time bake a batch of healthy oatmeal muffins to keep in the freezer, then defrost one the night before or put into toaster.

thanks. he does like avacado tho I never gave him wedges yet. its prob similar messy to banana? (which I do sometimes give him)

eggs and muffins could both work. thanks!

Scrabble123 wrote:
My friend serves her baby some of the following:
Scrambled Eggs
Cottage Cheese and fruit
You can put the cereal in applesauce or yogurt
Bread and cream cheese/grilled cheese/avocado/hummus

scrambled eggs is good but takes to much prep time I think. you know maybe ill try it one sunday to see exactly how much more time it is then say cutting up a peach (which are going out of season so I cant give him anymore)
cottage cheese he cant feed himself yet. not prepared to have to clean up that huge a mess. and fruits are fairly limited now that we are comgin to fall and winter.
applesauce adn yogurt are to messy to feed himself.
bread with a spread is also an idea. thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:35 pm
buster wrote:
http://morequicheplease.com/2014/02/what-my-babys-eating-sugar-free-apple-cinnamon-muffins/

http://morequicheplease.com/20.....akes/

thanks! seems like a great site
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics