Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Outrageously outlandish things people have said to you...
1  2  3  Next

lakewood mom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:13 pm
When noticing my current pregnancy..." Was it planned?" Or "wow, that was fast!" My kids will iyh be over two years apart. We are very much not dysfunctional and I don't ask ppl for help, so where do ppl get off saying such a thing? Especially to my face!

morah

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:23 pm
Someone sitting next to me at a bar mitzvah asked me very intimate questions about my birth details. I don't just mean vag or c (though that too is a rather personal question) but did I tear, did I get any hemorrhoids, etc. I kept saying who wants to talk about that over lunch and she didn't get the hint and kept asking these crazy questions.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:34 pm
Someone recently told me that my sheital is horrible, she thinks I should throw it out and buy a new one. To make matters worse, she knows money is tight right now. I told her, no problem, you can buy me the new sheital.

sky

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:37 pm
When I was pregnant - "You look larger then X when she had her triplets. Are you having more then one?"

Thanks - I already knew I looked big.

faigie

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:01 pm
At a chasanah while sitting at a table, and meeting an ex boyfriends wife.....
Ex bf's wife ANGRILY asks me.....
Why did you dump my husband? He was so hurt!!
My reply
Arent ya glad I did? Where would you be now if I hadnt?
(truth of the story,,,,,, her DH stood me up for a date.)

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:02 pm
Ive said it before and ill say it again, I was at a wedding and was all posh and thin and someone asked me if I was pregnant. I asked her back if she wants a slap in her face.

Ive been to 2 engagements were people have asked me if im the Kallah?????

What???? Im 34 have 4 kids and im wearing an obvious wig. And the chossen was 18 19

Fox

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:34 pm
rainbow dash wrote:

LOL, you got off easy! I once went to a chassunah and was mistaken by the caterer for the mother of the chasson. He kept insisting that I was supposed to give him a check, and for a few minutes, I thought I was going to have to bring out my checkbook!

imaima

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:42 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
Ive said it before and ill say it again, I was at a wedding and was all posh and thin and someone asked me if I was pregnant. I asked her back if she wants a slap in her face.

What???? Im 34 have 4 kids and im wearing an obvious wig. And the chossen was 18 19

take it as a compliment.
at my engagement, some guests didn't figure out I was the kallah and walked right past me!

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:50 pm
After my second late miscarriage (BH I have several already) a man said to me "x (number of kids I have) is plenty, otherwise you can't give them all personal time." My kids are not starved for attention or love at all, thank you.

mommyoftwokh

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:22 pm
After receiving my get bh someone asked me if I dont regret it...I was finally free from an abusive husband!how dare u...other pple asked;if he was soo abusive why did u stay ..or why couldnt u just stick up.for urself Crying

Clarissa

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:49 pm
Really not funny one:

I saw a team of ob’s and had one that I preferred. I lost the baby at six months gestational. When I went in for my postpartum check I was relieved to get the one I liked. The other one popped her head in and said, “I’m glad we’re not friends -- you have really bad luck.”

More acceptable one:

I was at a party in my early 20s and someone I didn’t know came up to me, looked at my hair and said, “I would kill my hairdresser.”

The funny thing is that my mom had trimmed my hair that day.

(I did not kill her, by the way)

Smiling Wife

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:02 pm
wow sorry to read this, people can be so callous.

Girl 1 looking at girl 2: We don't have any friends that are non jews, it is not good to befriend non jews.
Girl 2 responding to girl one: What do you mean? we have smiling wife, she is a [gentile].. oh well she thinks she is not but she is a [gentile].
we were all sitting talking at a shabbos table, I am a giores.
I answered " Girl 2 you need to make peace with the fact that I am a Jew, stop calling me a [gentile]-ok? "

Disclaimer: I dont think the word [gentile] is degrading in any way, but the girl was never comfortable with me and my geirus probably because of her own Judaism related insecurities and issues. whatever it is... Rolling Eyes

Smiling Wife

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:02 pm
How is it that the word G*O*Y was changed in the post above to gentile? I wrote *[non jew] not gentile...? mods?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:09 pm
Smiling Wife wrote:
How is it that the word G*O*Y was changed in the post above to gentile? I wrote *[non jew] not gentile...? mods?

because it's an offensive slur.

dr. pepper

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:20 pm
Smiling Wife wrote:
wow sorry to read this, people can be so callous.

Girl 1 looking at girl 2: We don't have any friends that are non jews, it is not good to befriend non jews.
Girl 2 responding to girl one: What do you mean? we have smiling wife, she is a gentile.. oh well she thinks she is not but she is a gentile.
we were all sitting talking at a shabbos table, I am a giores.
I answered " Girl 2 you need to make peace with the fact that I am a Jew, stop calling me a gentile-ok? "

Disclaimer: I dont think the word gentile is degrading in any way, but the girl was never comfortable with me and my geirus probably because of her own Judaism related insecurities and issues. whatever it is... Rolling Eyes

I am reading this with my mouth open! Besides basic manners and etiquette of not talking about someone, especially in front of them, we have the extra mitzvah of welcoming a ger/giyors and taking special care not to hurt them!
I am amazed at your strength of character to realize it's her issues and insecurities but feel so embarressed on behalf of FFB jews, I just wanted to send you a hug and standing ovation!

abcd123

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:36 pm
While at work talking with a client she saw photos of my kids on my desk and questioned me about my work schedule and when I proceeded to tell her that I work full time she responded " wow.... So..... When are you their mother?".... I walked out of the room and asked one of my colleagues to take over that clients appointment so that I don't get fired for saying something nasty right back at her

Talya

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:53 pm
Well, well, where should I start?? Well looks like I can't post them after all because anonymous posting is disabled. Just know you're missing out on my awesome stories!

UQT

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:02 pm
When I got a new sheitel, someone commented that I look really beautiful. I told them that it was the first time I was wearing this new sheitel and she said "I was thinking to myself that you looked so beautiful and I never realized how pretty you are, but now I realize it was just the sheitel." Then she opened her mouth again to insert the other foot.

Last edited by UQT on Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

susan11230

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:32 pm
glutenless wrote:
Someone recently told me that my sheital is horrible, she thinks I should throw it out and buy a new one. To make matters worse, she knows money is tight right now. I told her, no problem, you can buy me the new sheital.

Talking about shaitels I was in a wedding one time wearing my best shaitel wich is long 18 inch only I always wear long shaitels beacuse I look horrible in short and a women sitting next to me who I geuss is obsessed with tznius issues commanded that my wig is too long and not tzniusdick and she offered to cut it for me herself just like hers which is really ugly .I asked her are you a shaitel marcher and she said that she is not but she can do a good job for the mitzva , I told her I am about to buy another wig and now that I met her I will make sure it will be even longer then this one ,let's just say she never spoke to me after that plus I made the other women on the table laugh

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:19 pm
A week after I had a stillbirth, a woman who was going through a nasty divorce approached me in shul and said:

Woman: You had a miscarriage?

Me: Not exactly. I was in my third trimester. A stillbirth.

Woman: Oh, I'm sorry. But whatever, your husband is SO amazing, so nice, and so involved. You'll for sure be fine. Whatever, don't worry. You'll be fine.

Seriously...she used the word "whatever" (twice) in response to me saying I had a stillbirth.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics