Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Picky Toddler

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 5:54 am
Baby just wants to nurse all day.. Barely eats solids except for a few foods that she really likes I.e. hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and junk.. We try to offer her what ever we are eating and she takes a bite or 2 and then is done.
Any ideas?
We have tried cereal, chicken, bread, crackers, fruit, soups, veggies, etc.. and have not found anything that she will eat a whole meal of.
Even the foods she does like, I.e. eggs, she will only eat 1 at a time.
Am currently nursing every 2.5 hours and it's really too much for me.

chani8

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:15 am
Why should she eat real food when she can have mama's milk so readily?

Put a limit on your milk and she will eventually decide to eat. If that's your goal. Of course, you'll have to deal with some tantrums while she gets used to limits.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:00 am
Oh gosh, it's so hard! My 1 year old JUST started eating solid foods around her birthday about 3 months ago. I basically just let her have yogurt for every meal in the beginning. She never liked the baby jar food, but she started to eat a little of that, so I kept alternating between yogurt for breakfast, and then baby jar for dinner. I did not insist on a 3rd meal since it was all new. Eventually she started eating. I think the first real food she ate was at someone's house for shabbos, potatoes from their cholent that were mashed up. And I still think that's her favorite food!

Keep trying but if you see she doesn't want, just take a break for a few days and try again!

It's so hard, but it'll happen! She won't eat a whole meal of it in the beginning. You can try making a plate of say: potatoes, eggs, corn. Or something like that. And then try to give her a little from each. Or try to even let her eat it herself - even though it's really messy. Just so she has a positive feeling for eating!

Good luck! I really, really feel your pain!

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 11:17 am
Part of our considerations is that she is very underweight and the pediatrician is pushing us.
Don't know how much we are being "new" parents and how much is just our baby doesn't want to eat.
We do send her out every day for 4 hours but even with out me she is not a big eater.

I guess part of my question is:
- How to limit nursing? She screams and screams and just refuses to eat.
It almost seems like the only way with her stubborn personality is cold turkey as whenever we have tried to lessen feedings it backfires.

asp40

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 12:16 pm
How old is this baby?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics