Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
My gmail account got hacked and I can't access my account

ludicrous

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 4:16 pm
people called me that they got an email from me that I am in Greece and in a lot of trouble with the authorities and I need help. I tried to sign in to my gmail account and it asked for a two step verification process, and they sent a code to a phone number, that displayed only a couple of numbers for security reasons, and it was not a phone number that was associated with my gmail account, and I clicked on the help button and I described what happened and answered a bunch of questions to verify my identity, and I gave an alternate email address that they can contact me on, and they said I should have a response in 3-5 days. what should I do? I really need access to my email?

doublemama

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 4:21 pm
A similar thing happened to me as well and the only thing I could do is wait. It took 2 days for google to open my account (10 am Monday till 10 am today). The only bright spot is that your account will be closed completely so whoever hacked your account won't have access either. Sorry I don't have better news.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics