Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Experiences with mekuballim

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 11:57 pm
What were your experiences with mekuballim? Do you have any interesting stories about mekuballim?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
What were your experiences with mekuballim? Do you have any interesting stories about mekuballim?

I was struggling with infertility issues. I've been told by more than one that I'm pregnant. Never was Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 12:36 am
In no way does this story reflect all mekubalim but it was very interesting to me

My aunt was at a wedding of a neighbor when all of a sudden a hush went over the crowd. She hears people whispering Rabbinu X is here. Now my aunt is a sucker for these things. She even added a name to her existing name because a mekubal told her to. So naturally she went closer and nearly froze by what she saw. Rabbinu X was someone she actually knew. By now he was middle aged and more distinguished lookin but she recognized him as X, the bachur who used to eat some Shabbos meals by her during his yeshiva days and who used to come over on Friday afternoon before the zman Shabbos to help wash her floors. So she went closer to him and when nobody was around told him who she was and asked him how he ended up a Rabbinu? He told her it is all luck. You win some and you lose some. If somebody comes to him for a beracha for a shidduch and he says that they will get engaged within a year and they actually do, then he has a sucker for a lifetime. And if not, that's fine too. Plenty people out there.

But then again, on the other hand, I have heard mekubalim that showed nissim. A friend followed a certain mekubals advice and had a baby, her first child, after 18 years of waiting.

So you can never know. I have seen and heard of both sides

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 2:35 am
There's an excellent Shiur online by Rabbi Yaakov Hillel about mekubalim. I can't find it and I can't link to it , but cross currents had an article that tells over what he said. He's very critical of mekubalim. He believes that only people with real Torah knowledge are people that would have special abilities, and even then, no great Torah giants he ever knew claimed they knew the future or could predict past or future events.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 7:11 am
Not good experiences. I went because of my ex-husband. With one it was clearly all about the money. Another was so old he did not know what he was saying. And he wasn't fully dressed. embarrassed

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 7:30 am
All, from awful to fantastic.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 8:17 am
There are no monotheists in a foxhole

saw50st8

Post Fri, Oct 31 2014, 8:20 am
I think they are all quacks.

My mother went to one about my sister's hearing loss. He told her that when she got home, my sister would hear.

30 years later and she is still deaf Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics