Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When and how to train at night?

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 3:19 am
My 4.5 yr old ds has been asking to stop wearing diapers at night. My kids before him stopped wearing diapers at night between 3 and 4. We wouldn't give them anything to drink before bed, no bottles or sippy cups during the night, they would use the bathroom before they went to sleep, and we would wake them up to take them to the bathroom before we went to sleep for the night, around 11pm. Usually that was good enough, although occasionally in the beginning few weeks, they would wake up wet in the morning.

With 4.5 yr old ds, it's a different story. He is a VERY deep sleeper. The type that you could turn on the lights and tickle him and it would take a while for him to even bat an eyelash. So we tried a couple of times the same routine we have tried with the others. But it's just not working. When we wake him up about 4 hours after he last went, he is already wet. Then he goes again in the toilet. Then he wakes up again about 5 hours later wet again.

What can I do differently to help make this happen? Is he just not ready? How can I tell?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers