Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Cafe Ne'eman - Malcha Mall

costanza

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 2:55 pm
Can anyone tell me about this restaurant? Is it more than just a bakery? The website is in Hebrew and I find it hard to understand.
Would it be a good place to take my son and some of his friends who are spending their post high school year in Israel? I will be visiting in December and want to take out a small group of kids for a meal (not just a snack). I'm looking for a place where the food is good and the prices are reasonable.
I appreciate any recommendations.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 4:34 pm
costanza wrote:
Can anyone tell me about this restaurant? Is it more than just a bakery? The website is in Hebrew and I find it hard to understand.
Would it be a good place to take my son and some of his friends who are spending their post high school year in Israel? I will be visiting in December and want to take out a small group of kids for a meal (not just a snack). I'm looking for a place where the food is good and the prices are reasonable.
I appreciate any recommendations.

Will you be bringing them to the mall anyway? I was last there about a year ago, and while they offer a cafe menu with salads and sandwiches etc, they are pretty much open in the middle of the mall. So it doesn't have a real restaurant feel, KWIM? It's a good place to stop for lunch if you're shopping in the mall but not a destination in itself. I remember the food being good but overpriced...

etky

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 9:44 pm
As MaBelleVie wrote, the drawback is that it is in the very center of the mall, on a slightly raised platform. People are rushing all around you and you are apt to feel somewhat on display.
Having said that, I ate there a couple of months ago and the food (I had a vegetable focaccia and DD had some sort of pasta) was fantastic. Much better than I remember it having been last time I ate there - it seems to go through phases.
There is also a Cafe Greg upstairs which does have more of a restaurant vibe. The food is good but the place can get crowded.
We don't go out all that much but another place that we like when we go to Jerusalem is the Bagel Cafe on Emek Refaim in the German Colony. We met some friends there last week. The food was very good and the prices are relatively reasonable. If you're going to be in the German Colony and want a chalavi place then it is a good choice.

costanza

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 3:46 pm
Thanks for the replies.
I am now thinking that these kids would probably prefer fleishigs.
Any recommendations of restaurants in Jerusalem that have good food for a good price?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions