Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best double stroller
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 11:13 am
Hi,
I'm lookin for a good double stroller that wheels very well especially as the child gets older and it gets heavy.

Price is not an option. Please can someone help me find so etching that's easy to wheel and easy to use.

smss

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:02 pm
city mini gt would be a good choice for you (did you mean price is not an issue? if so, go ahead & spend the extra money on the gt- there is a real difference in ease of push)

artz

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:09 pm
I have the city select it can be used as a single or a double it pushes very nicely

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:27 pm
Yes I meant that I am willing to spend on a good quality stroller. I have a single I need a double and want something that is comfortable for both children and easy to walk for half an hour walks.

Thanks so much.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:29 pm
artz wrote:
I have the city select it can be used as a single or a double it pushes very nicely

I have this too and its not that easy to push. it kinda rolls to the side all the time and I have to push it back.

BeingBee

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:56 pm
I have a Britax B-Ready that I'm VERY happy with.
Only issue is weight, so if you're going to be shlepping up stairs then forget about it.

It converts to a single to double, and can fold with the second seat attached (most can't do that) and the second seat reclines fully (UppaBaby Vista second seat does not recline - but the UppaBaby is much lighter).

It has one handed steering, which comes in handier than you'd think.

I like the single convert to double better than side by side, only for ease of traffic and getting though doorways.

Dev80

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:06 pm
artz wrote:

If you do not live the city life with lots of small stores I would not recommend a tandem stroller like the city select for a long term double. Once both children weigh more it's harder to push. I have a tandem stroller that I love to pieces and I wouldn't be able to live without it where I live but if I had a car and lived in a more suburban area I would never go for it.

If $$ is not a factor then why not look into the Bugaboo Donkey? I think the push is a dream!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:09 pm
Look into the Orbit. I think it is so innovative and versatile.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:10 pm
If it's just for walking look at the bumbleride indie. Pushes really smoothly and holds bigger and heavier kids. Plus it looks good IMO.

kb

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:13 pm
Uppababy is making a new model (more expensive) where the rumble seat does recline.

gande

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:22 pm
Mountaon buggy duet, buggabo donkey , and city mini are most popular in my neighborhood.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:55 pm
Mountain Buggy Duet is supposed to be going on a massive sale soon at pishposh . my friend works there and told me this - maybe wait to see if its a good deal.

chanee

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 3:17 pm
If your bigger child can stand, whu not look into a buggy board? I think all double strollers are heavy. A single carriage with an atached buggy board is a great option for price compact ability aand for shopping

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 3:21 pm
chanee wrote:
If your bigger child can stand, whu not look into a buggy board? I think all double strollers are heavy. A single carriage with an atached buggy board is a great option for price compact ability aand for shopping

That will be much less comfortable to push than a good double. A good double feels lighter than a less good single.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 3:35 pm
Yes mabeville. Right now I have toe single with a buggy board and its so hard to push because you have to stand so far back and my child hates it and always want to climb into the stroller. I thought I won't need a double stroller but now I see that I need one.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 4:14 pm
BeingBee wrote:
I have a Britax B-Ready that I'm VERY happy with.
Only issue is weight, so if you're going to be shlepping up stairs then forget about it.

It converts to a single to double, and can fold with the second seat attached (most can't do that) and the second seat reclines fully (UppaBaby Vista second seat does not recline - but the UppaBaby is much lighter).

It has one handed steering, which comes in handier than you'd think.

I like the single convert to double better than side by side, only for ease of traffic and getting though doorways.

Ditto.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 4:27 pm
If you never need to fold it and price is no issue, I would try out the bugaboo donkey (who came up with that name??). I have never pushed it but people do rave about its push and the seats look pretty comfortable and you can have one bassinet for the baby and all the bells and whistles.

But, if you are in and out of the car or want something lighter with a smaller footprint but a lot of good features, I would look at the new Valco Snap double.

Good luck

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 5:44 pm
Did anyone hear of the bumble ride?

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
Did anyone hear of the bumble ride?

I recommended it above. The only downside IMO is bulkiness, but that may not be an issue, depending on your needs. If you aren't folding it often or going into crowded places you should be fine.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 6:01 pm
I used to routinely put four kids in the instep safari double. it served very well, held up to everything, and was steerable with one hand. I used to take my kids out on 2-3 hour walks at a time. they were very comfy, slept nicely in it. this was years ago. I now have the instep safari single, and I walked from 10:15 a.m. to 1:56 today. it's a great stroller. when I had the double, it had no kid tray or parent tray, but now it does. it's not an expensive stroller, and it is large, but it's a great stroller and will serve you well for a long time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics